threedd97

It's been a while since I've been around these parts...

I got shafted by robotunderground with a dank adire audio brahma 12". It died after about 6 months of use running it on an Arc Audio 1000.1, 800w @ 4ohms. I researched about his frankenstein subs after the fact unfortunately.

So to the point at hand, I haven't really kept up with what current drivers are out there and what is quality since I would say 2007 or 2008 when I got a Fi BTL 15". I've been looking at their 12" BL, RE SXX 12" and the SSA ICON 12". With all the objectivity you have, can you say I'm making a sound decision picking up the ICON?

I keep hearing when US Amps bought out RE, their product quality diminished. I loved the Fi sub I had, so I poked around the lineup there. I like the specs on the ICON. They seem to suite what I want to come from a sub. I guess I'm just asking for that extra push to go ahead with the purchase.

If it helps, I'm looking for a nice mix of spl and ""SQL"", but leaning more on the ""SQL"" these days. I still enjoy a loud driver, but I have developed the desire for a clean, precise sound. I don't want to replace my amp so the sub needs to able to handle the arc audio ks1000.1 I'm using.

Edited by threedd97

What happen to ur sub from undergroundrobot? You can't go wrong with the icon. It gets loud and sounds good with deep bass all around solid sub/

Sounds like an ICON is just for you if those are your goals ;)

Icons do sound like a great choice for you. If you havn't seen it here is a link to the 2010 ICONS Free shipping for October. Good Luck with your decision.

If it played fine for 6 months, YOU blew it.

x2. Check your ssf and gain on your amplifier.

x2. Check your ssf and gain on your amplifier.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll lock in an icon this week.

The gain was maybe at 1/4 at the most. I was only doing 800w @ 4 ohm. The sub should have been fine. I heard he changed out the voice coils and other parts from members at diymobile when I did the research.

Edited by threedd97