xprime4

15 inch Xcon as HT sub

Just wondering how could a xcon perform in a ht setup (movie 80% looking for low end ruble here)

i was thinking big box low tuning like 6-7 ft/cu ported to 26-28hz, how would that model for my needs?

thanks

I believe an xcon in a HT setup would perform very well, but I would tune lower if it was me, say 15-20hz :P

There is an excellent in depth review of the SSA Icon 15 that includes home audio applications and numerous different enclosures. Neil of the SSA Tech Team did the review. Now I just need to find it on here..... It will give an idea at the least.

The Xcon will be very at home in home audio, it has more then enough low end for movies. Especially if you have room for a large enclosure and low tuning.

There is an excellent in depth review of the SSA Icon 15 that includes home audio applications and numerous different enclosures. Neil of the SSA Tech Team did the review. Now I just need to find it on here..... It will give an idea at the least.

The Xcon will be very at home in home audio, it has more then enough low end for movies. Especially if you have room for a large enclosure and low tuning.

I was thinking a much larger box, maybe 20-25Hz wont sound great on music, but will kill on movies.

If you are truly after HT, tune way lower :) Somewhere in the teens and sit back and enjoy.

I was thinking a much larger box, maybe 20-25Hz wont sound great on music, but will kill on movies.

Fixed!

If you are truly after HT, tune way lower :) Somewhere in the teens and sit back and enjoy.

yes. below 20hz.

The Xcon has the motor force and suspension to handle a massive enclosure if need be. I just personally have not tested it. If someone has WinISD handy, for fun we can take a peak at possible response in a few different enclosures for home theatre. I have LEAP and BBP6 at home, but that machine is down at the moment. :(

I'll be moving out to my own house soon so size ain't that important (but let try to keep it under 8ft cube... i still want it to look nice.)

movie and music too so 10hz is kinda out of question. I'm pretty sure i can still get what i want from a box tuned in the 20-25hz

I'll be moving out to my own house soon so size ain't that important (but let try to keep it under 8ft cube... i still want it to look nice.)

movie and music too so 10hz is kinda out of question. I'm pretty sure i can still get what i want from a box tuned in the 20-25hz

It will still play music tuned in the teens.

why not just sealed?

:nevar:

why not just sealed?

wouldn't i get a better 'ht' result with it in a big box tuned in the 20s than with a sealed box?

why not just sealed?

wouldn't i get a better 'ht' result with it in a big box tuned in the 20s than with a sealed box?

No, if it were tuned in the teens you would; otherwise sealed.

so what would be the optimal sealed box then? 4-5feet cube?

Sounds good to me. My box with my important audio software is down, so maybe someone can toss it into Leap or WinISD just to get an idea real quick.