Sign in to follow this  
DC Power Rob

Suggestions for alternators.

Since I am the one who heads up product development here at DC Power, I would like to get some input from the members here about products you guys are looking for that we may/may not already have.. I think we are more known as a "high priced" manufacturer because that's what our specialty is, building the biggest, baddest, meanest alternators you can get.. However, we also have a lot of other things we can do, we just dont get asked alot for them. Not only that, I think most people automatically assume that "I need a 200 amp alternator" when they dont.

My goal is to get a lot of input from the community here about what is MOST important to you for charging system needs.

Our alternator lineup is already far and away the most comprehensive in the industry (we just dont have them all up on the website, YET).. By the end of next week, there should be about 40K products up on our website which will be MUCH easier to find products. I also know not every person needs something like a 270XP that's $600+, and we as a company wont try to sell people on that just because we have it.

Because of that, we are bringing out a WHOLE new lineup of alternators that are going to be in the mid-upper $200's to upper $300's just for those customers because as a company, we know we can build a better built, better performing, longer lasting alternator, and make it affordable for those who dont either have a need, nor the budget for our high end products.. Just because we build em big, doesn't mean we can't build em small..

If you have a $250 budget, $300 budget, $350 budget, MY goal is to make sure that we as a company are offering our customers the best "value" our customers can get, and assure they get something that both exceeds their needs, and expectations.

We see a LOT of customers buying cheap, poor performing products that dont do what they need, when they could buy something much better in performance, quality, and fit.. Case in example, 200-220 amp small case Delco alternators.. WHY?? As in WHY does anyone think it's a good idea to even build them? They make squat at idle, will only make 150 amps hot, and are all but guaranteed to be cheap chinese parts. We have a special AD244 that we build that WILL do 200+ cold, 165 all day long hot, 130 at idle no problem, is 100% USA made, and is the same price. Same thing on a lot of the Fords, a "good" large case alternator will run close to 200 cold, good idle output, and will outrun even the very best HO small case Ford alternator around on a bad day..

We get SO many calls from people that have wasted money on alternators that wont work because for one, as buyers of high output alternators your just being outright lied to. 220 Amp small case CS130's that "Fit everything" (Ring a bell). As the owner of a company that makes GOOD high output alternators, it makes me sick to see things like that, and that's just one example. Why does it make me sick? Because I know (from seeing just about every alternator built from every one of our competitors) that it's 99% BS..

Thats coming from the heart rob your products are real, wish yall had a alt that would fit my application :( its all good though keep growing and preaching if your product is as solid as you say i wouldnt have no worries for the future of the company.

Sign in to follow this