kylehallstrom

18 q box idea needed

hello, as stated i am in need of a box design. i got 1 18 Q and a aq1200d amp and it will be going in a 2000 grand prix. so i have about H = 16". width = 30". and length = 32" of room for a box but i do not know how big to make the port. i am going sub on top and port at back.

suggestions needed. :thanx:

Go with a 15 q, that Is not enough space for a ported box for a q. You will get more out of a 15 in a good box than an 18 in too small an enclosure. Or you could go seald

Go with a 15 q, that Is not enough space for a ported box for a q. You will get more out of a 15 in a good box than an 18 in too small an enclosure. Or you could go seald

Nevermind that's enough room. You have about 7.25 cubic feet to work with. I wold stay around 6 cubes minimum though. And keep port and driver displacement in mind

ok thanks. i will be taking the carpet and stuff out and putting dynomat in the trunk so i might have a little bit more room. with those dimesntions H = 16". width = 30". and length = 32" will my port have to be very wide?

If your going to get an 18" woofer don't you need 18 inches of height at least?

he said sub facing up

ok thanks. i will be taking the carpet and stuff out and putting dynomat in the trunk so i might have a little bit more room. with those dimesntions H = 16". width = 30". and length = 32" will my port have to be very wide?

Yes, it will. Because it is an 18" woofer with 30mm excursion, it is capable of displacing huge amounts of air and the port needs to be fit.

he said sub facing up

Woops, didn't see that. My bad.

How wide of a port would you need if it had a heigh of 15"?

Could you not easily see that was a simple ass spelling mistake?

no need to be a complete jackass about it

"HEIGHT" is the correct spelling I was trying to spell.

Heigh is now 18", any help?

I'm thinking 4" wide..