Robert

glue dry time?

When building a sub box and putting pieces together how long do you clamp each pieces with glue until you pre drill and then put screws in and move onto next side?

Depends on the glue, pretty much every wood glue takes about 15 minutes, and it's the only kind of glue you should be using :)

I built a box and used those 45" clamps to hold it pieces in place then quickly pre drilled and then set screws ( i had two drills) mopped up glue that came out as screws tightened down then I let it dry over night. I used elmers carpenter glue but I'm going to try out that tight bond out on my next box.

When building a sub box and putting pieces together how long do you clamp each pieces with glue until you pre drill and then put screws in and move onto next side?

First clamp and then put screws in?

Can i ask u why you would do that?

Because if u have the possibility to clamp you don't need to screw, because the screws don't really help holding the box together it's the glue. ;)

^ Exactly, the glue is stronger than the wood itself, stronger than screws too :)

And to add to that, you got to first (rough) sand the edge that u are going to glue together. (just pass over it a few times with 60 grit )

And if u have glue that is more liquid is better, because it goes thru the mdf layers. ;)

to keep pieces lined up kinda like a helper and of most boxes I seen they have screws throughout box. Granted I went a little overboard on screws but was told I could space them out about four inches apart. I'm going to bet getting those long clamps as my tool collection grows. The clamps I have are those angled corner ones so they weren't really putting pressure on the joints. Thanks for advice.

I glue, clamp and screw every enclosure I design and build. The way I look at it, when people come to me to design an enclosure for them, they don't want a cheap box that is going to blow apart at the seams after a year of rocking it. When they are willing to pay the extra money to have me build it, I do it right the first time and go that extra mile for my customers. Some of you may say it is unneeded, but after seeing probably a hundred or more prefab boxes (that were glued and brad nailed) blow apart at the seams, I know otherwise.

Just my .02!

If the prefab box was actually CORRECTLY glued, the wood would fail before the joint. I usually use brad nails to keep the panels aligned while I put the clamps in place. The only use for screws would be as a substitute for clamps. if you were in a hurry to get it all glued up.