Sign in to follow this  
abigor

d3400 under the hood

I have a d3400 under my hood and its been there for 6 months, suddenly one of my buddy told me that the d3400 can't handle the heat under the hood because we live in a tropical country. How will i check if my battery is still in good condition? What are the signs that i've damage my battery due to its location?

Quick question that is unrelated... Do you have a HO alternator???

The D3400 will work fine under the hood. If you are worried about the increased heat of the climate and engine temps, then you could always put something up around the battery to block the engine heat from it. You could even add in some circulation venting if you wanted to.

Easy check to test the battery is check the resting voltage of the battery (when the car is not running) after it has sat over night. If you are in the 13.1-13.2 range then you are good to go.

The D3400 will work fine under the hood. If you are worried about the increased heat of the climate and engine temps, then you could always put something up around the battery to block the engine heat from it. You could even add in some circulation venting if you wanted to.

Easy check to test the battery is check the resting voltage of the battery (when the car is not running) after it has sat over night. If you are in the 13.1-13.2 range then you are good to go.

Thank you Nathan,

What if the voltage is less than 13.1 ? Does it mean that I have a busted battery that I need to replace it?

Thanks!

My battery reading is 12.6V, do you guys think that I need to replace it?

Thanks

Fully charge the battery and then let it set over night and test it. If it is sitting at 12.6 then that means you are not getting a good charge on the battery. If the battery was bad the voltage would read much lower.

Fully charge the battery and then let it set over night and test it. If it is sitting at 12.6 then that means you are not getting a good charge on the battery. If the battery was bad the voltage would read much lower.

Good to hear that, so it's just a charging problem. I will charge it today and I will let you know the reading in the morning.

Thanks