jerbremser

Mix and Match Speaker Brands???? What you think???

I have a 2003 Saab 9-3 and it come with the factory 7 Speakers. These speakers are 3 3.5in on the Dash (left, center, and right). I have 6.75 in the front doors and 4in in the rear deck.

I am looking at a few different brands and was wondering if you could help me out. Even more so i am looking at possibly using 2 different brands.

I am looking at a Focal Access 3 way component system and i would like to place all these components into the front door. Next i am looking at either MB Quart or Boston Accoustics to place in the front dash (the 3 3.5in speakers) and i will redo the rear deck with fiberglass work and i will replace the 4in speakers with probably some sort of 6X9 coax speaker.

Is it a good idea to get a 3 way component system? i already have 2 12in Kicker Comp VX in a fiberglass enclosure in the trunk. Is a 3 way too much bass? Is is ok to mix and match the speakers with the brands mentioned? is it best to just choose one brand?

I like the focal but i dont have a big enough budget to afford Focal all the way around my car.

Please share your comments.

Thank you.

if the 3 ways have crossovers you should be able to eliminate the low frequency reproduction

A single set of 3-ways in the doors should suffice. You don't need to muddy it all up with the extra ones in the dash.

Like I explained in your other thread.....all of those extra speakers just make things worse, not better.

You would be better off with one set of speakers per channel rather than trying to fill every hole with a speaker on top of adding more.