edouble101

XCON 15D2 in a sealed Khaotik or XCON 12D2 ported?

I want to run a Sundown SAZ1500D v.2 and a XCON 15D2. I have a 2008 Hyundai Elantra and unfortunately a 15" ported Khaotik enclosure will not fit. So my question is : do I buy a 15" sealed Khaotik enclosure or a 12" ported Khaotik enclosure? Which of the two will give me the most output when powered by a SAZ1500D v.2?

Thanks!

I would go 12" Xcon ported or try to build your own box, you should be able to fit a 15" ported enclosure in your trunk. Go do some measuring and someone should help you with a design. If not then a 12" will still be feasible.

You should just have a custom box built that will fit your trunk for the 15 imo. Single 15 ported is one of my favorite setups to run. It's nice to hit 143+ with a single sub. Check out one of the box builders on the forum, someone might even be in your are. Glwtb.

Ported, hands down :)

Most output would be ported.

No doubt. I didnt know if a 12" ported would be more output than a 15" sealed though.

Thanks for the reply.

I would go 12" Xcon ported or try to build your own box, you should be able to fit a 15" ported enclosure in your trunk. Go do some measuring and someone should help you with a design. If not then a 12" will still be feasible.

My dilemma is that my trunk is fairly large but the opening isnt. A 15" ported enclosure will fit in there just fine, it is getting the enclosure in the trunk that is the issue.

Thanks for the reply.

Most output would be ported.

No doubt. I didnt know if a 12" ported would be more output than a 15" sealed though.

Thanks for the reply.

And that my friend is why I said ported!

Because a ported 12 in will most likely have more output than a 15 in sealed thus my answer was ported.

If you build the ported enclosure correctly, you will be surprised at the power of a port.

If you build the ported enclosure correctly, you will be surprised at the power of a port.

I am seeing if Argent Audio can build me something special :fing34: Hopefully he has a design in mind for the XCON 15D2 that will squeeze in my trunk.

Tell Argent to build abox with aeroports. It will be smaller than a box with a slot port.

the trunk of my car is small, it was tight to fit a 3.5 ft3 slot ported box, but with 2 4" aeroports, I easily fit a 3.1 ft3 box in it, with a 15" Xcon.

And I love it. It is much much more powerful and louder than the same xcon in a 3 ft sealed box.

Argent Audio designed an enclosure for me :drink40: