DC Power Kyle

250XP on our new Test Bench... Output Curve Anyone?!

67580_458109914077_164026164077_5211053_5998076_n.jpg

That's in alternator RPMs... our competition rates their alternators at 2400-2500 alternator RPMs at idle. So our 250XPs still do quite a bit at idle :D

More to come very soon as i continue to program the machine.

sweet deal guys im loving my 230 its a pure beast.

HOLY SHIT! 125amps at 1600 rpm alt! What vehicle idles that low? That thing does about 200 amps at competitior's idle lol.

You wouldn't happen to have an output curve for my 270 xp would ya? :)

We will tomorrow phi.. Just to show what we mean by brute force idle output, at 1800 alternator rpms, which is VERY common on imports) we carry almost a 100 amp advantage over our competitors alternators. And to show just how far we under-rate the XPs, EVERY other manufacturer in business would say that alternator does 200 at idle, and we rate the 250s at 160-170 at idle, conservatively..

:morepower1:

Yeah, I think accord idles at 1800 rpm hot. I haven't had a need for my xp recently. I gotta get a new 3k amp in and build a new setup.

TheycallmeJT, 1800 rpm alt is about 600 rpm engine. :dancing:

what about an alt curve for my charger that idles at like 700-800 :(

That isn't engine speed. That's alternator speed. So 700-800 RPMs is equivalent to in my car to 2000-2100 alternator RPMs. Remember, alternators spin faster than engines turn :)

You'll see 170-180 at idle in your charger NO PROBLEM :D

what about an alt curve for my charger that idles at like 700-800 :(

If your Charger is a 5.7, they'll peak over 200 at idle, but they will do 170-180 at idle, with no trouble at all, continuous.. The XP's on late model '08+ Charger's/Challenger's etc are just ruthless at idle.. We have one local customer that we did a 270 in that although we couldn't clamp it to see what it actually did (no room behind the alt), it would run 4k watts, at idle, at 14.6-14.7v, and the customer damn near smoked 3 amps from running it full tilt at idle for about 45 minutes.. He had never been able to actually enjoy his system so when he finally did, he just railed on it and wouldn't let up. It was classic.. Kyle has a video somewhere of the voltmeter on it, but we never uploaded it anywhere because we couldn't clamp it.. :coolugh:

can you do a 275sp to i kind of want to see what kind of curve that has

Im sure we'll get some SP's done tomorrow and upload some pics.. At about 2250 SP's start catching up with XP's and that's why they are so much win on vehicles that have good ratios because we can almost get XP type numbers at idle.. If I remember correctly though, the SP's will do about 185 or so at 2400, and about 135 at 2000. I probably had about 50 hours of test time on the SP's before I was happy so the above numbers are probably dang close..

Believe it or not, we actually have a couple of alternators that will honestly do over 300 on top, and well over 200 at idle.. I'm sure we'll run some of those tomorrow as well, we just don't do much with them outside of some very special applications because there aren't many vehicles that can swing them at idle.