DCarter

Sealing off from trunk

hey guys, hope you all had a good weekend !

right now my BL is facing the rear and box is only out of .5 mdf because its all i had at the moment, but now im planing on puttin another layer on the sides,front and and top. Will that help with deepness and loudness? I know it stops the box from flexing a bit but dont know what that does for sound.

as for the box facing rear, im planing on turning it around and hopefully sealing it off by putting two cut outs on the sides (one on each) going straight across. To fill in the gaps, is gorilla tape good ?

:drink40:

Edited by DCarter

Hows adding wood on the outside going to change the inside making the box biger without increasing the space inside. All adding wood will do is stop the box from flexing if it is flexing at all.

I would just remake a box if your not happy with the one you got one take that long for a single 12.

im happy with how it sounds just want to make it more sturdy. And wondering if it would change the sound.

its a 15 for the record. I think i might need to make a new one but just had unexpected payments for the car :suicide-santa:

im happy with how it sounds just want to make it more sturdy. And wondering if it would change the sound.

its a 15 for the record. I think i might need to make a new one but just had unexpected payments for the car :suicide-santa:

i'd just let it be until you get some 3/4 mdf for a new box IMO.

yeaa it seems to be holding up well, im just gotta face it and seal it off from the trunk