SubSam

Cant wait any longer!

First off I don't intend to violate any copyright via design or brand infringement, I was just bored and really wanted to visualize what is coming next from Fi. That being said, I decided to share:

76354_575267088156_17506340_33042428_3321424_n.jpg

I just want to know if the NSG is to be similar to the Ascendant Audio supergauss woofer, with N3 motors in anti-pole configuration. Theres some scaling issues, didn't bother with the heatsink (tho I am sure it is probably the most delicately designed feature in the BtL NSG), ignore the spider location... I really just wanted to see it in its glory, decided to use SolidWorks to whip up a model (I spend enough money renewing my license annually might as well use it right?). Am I close?

Look forward to seeing the final design!

Edited by SubSam

That's how I've pictured the BTL-SG. :gayhaaay1:

Nah not close...

SG is a N2 derivative that looks like tetris gone wrong :)

3 pucks of neo would drop the qts into the .05 range..

Nah not close...

Pics or lies :lol2:

Nah not close...

Hah wow... that'd be a bit peaky eh? If its based off the N2 I'm assuming one neo unit will be @ 90 degrees from the other's orientation? That's still gonna be some serious flux!

Yep

Looks like tetris gone bad :)

We'll show it when it is time...big thing right now is for N2s to hit the market and people see how kick ass they are.

Btw SubSam - Read that other thread, have we crossed paths before?

N3-SG would be all but useless. Other SG applications for SPL have proved to have too much motor force and even in extreme class applications do not allow for enough rise to peak hard. We have had to back things down from there to get SPL up. Whats pictured, with the coils as we use them, would simply be useless spec wise. Although might make a nice shaker for test table :)

I like Nicks Tetris gone bad description. It really does...lol

Thanks,

Scott

Table shaker lmfao... you sayin I could keep my home-made pizza from sticking to the table? I'm in!

I notice you said coils "as we use them" does that imply that you will be using a similar flatwind or something different (such as a 4" coil or ceramic) for the SG? I know the woofer is being designed strictly for SPL application, which means I will probably never get to use one, but I'm just itchin to know more... feel free to respond with something like "its classified" if you don't want to ruin the surprise

I guess there never replied???