koneco

Running six from a four channel

For the sake of knowing, can I run four mids and two tweets off of a four channel amp, or is that just a retarded question to ask? Flaming appreciated.

If you had a four channel and could not do that, would you replace the four door speakers, or would you replace the front door speakers and add some tweeters to your dash?

Is it a component set?

If not I'd do 2 mids per channel and 1 tweeter for the other channels

If the amp can handle a 2 ohm load assuming the mids are 4 ohm each

Need more details on what you have as you've left out some critical pieces ie crossovers, impedances, what the amp can handle load wise....

Need more details on what you have as you've left out some critical pieces ie crossovers, impedances, what the amp can handle load wise....

You're right, it was pretty much a general inquiry since I'm probably not going to bother with it until a buy my car or go for another car. I've got a SAX-50.4 sitting around and the plan was to replace the door speakers in the car, but since I am the only occupant 95% of the time, I thought it'd be better to have some speakers in the dash as there are pre-cut holes for the shitty Bose upgrade if I wanted to spend an extra 2 grand. But then I consider the times I have people in the car ... and want to provide some speakers in the back. As far as impedance goes ... 4 ohms bridged, 2 ohms stereo ...

I bought the amp a year ago. It has been sitting in its box because I could never decide on speakers for my narrow doors. In all actuality, I'm probably going to sell the amp, but I wanted to know if it was EVER a good idea to run six off of four. I'm sorry I can't really give any more details.

Then no, never.

ONE set of components up front will sound better than putting shit everywhere. ALWAYS.

Then no, never.

ONE set of components up front will sound better than putting shit everywhere. ALWAYS.

Cool. Thanks.