cydacoustics

SA-8 for SQ?

If we are talking means of SQ why not use a cleaner power source? A class D amp is hardly of SQ standards.

Lol, noobtastic. You obviously drink the wrong kool aid. Snake oil probably will help too, huh?

Its possible. Normally (not always) I notice there are class a/b amps in SQ built cars rarely have I seen Class D amps in SQ competition cars. Can it be done and be solid sure. Bottom line is this the op said he need an enclosure in a limited space.

And that means what? That's right absolutely nothing. If there is a huge difference it is measurable objectively. If it were important those measurements would then be posted all over the place, so in that case please provide a link to someone reputable who has done those measurements.

Im sticking with 0.8 GROSS external port tuned at 30hz, the flange of the port inside the box will eat up some air space (not much) but you could extend the port inside the box some to eat up more air space if you desire that way you can change your boxs volume and play around more. Best of luck with your testing.

Interesting that you change your tune after getting called out and add the word "external". Either way that will not make the box smaller as the OP will still need the SAME volume for the port whether it is internal or external so it won't help the small box need. Nice try to make it look like you actually knew that it wouldn't work, lol.

cydacoustics> After I was disappointed with my first enclosure,4-sa-8's in a 3.2 cf net. tuned to 32 hertz.

I put 2 sa-8's in a .75 c.f. enclosure tuned to 32 hz., this was much more to my liking.

It had a much flatter response in my ranger.

Something that hasn't been addressed yet, I understand what you're trying to accomplish, but how is my question.

Do you plan on using the radio or trying to start two cds at the same time in two different cars or just put the sub in the other car and let it play?

Guys, i really think we should help the OP and stop fighting over the net gross thing....

The total (net) volume is going to be quite big with a small and low-tuned SA-8 box typically, yes.

It is a HUGE difference from 30 to 35 Hz as well

30 Hz = 3" x 24" port

35 Hz = 3" x 17" port

For that matter... a 3" port is bordering on too small for the SA-8 if you listen at high volumes -- so if you go to build a larger 16 in^2 slot port you have a length of 56" for 30 Hz / 40" for 35 Hz -- now think about how much actual space a port that big will occupy.

I typically don't suggest tuning under 35 Hz in-vehicle for this reason... you are talking alot more port in a SMALL box.

They roll quite well with small airspace and a 36-38hz tune subsonic set at 30hz. Just did a (3)sa-8 setup in a 2010 camaro built to 1.65 internal with 4" external aero, good attack smooth response, plenty of output.

cydacoustics> After I was disappointed with my first enclosure,4-sa-8's in a 3.2 cf net. tuned to 32 hertz.

I put 2 sa-8's in a .75 c.f. enclosure tuned to 32 hz., this was much more to my liking.

Something that hasn't been addressed yet, I understand what you're trying to accomplish, but how is my question.

Do you plan on using the radio or trying to start two cds at the same time in two different cars or just put the sub in the other car and let it play?

All electronics are installed in my car Heaunit & Amps. I will build some enclosures for the fronts and place them on the front footwell (like kickpanels) 1 for driver side, 1 for passenger side. with enough lenght of speaker wires to be tap on the amps inside my car. then I will place the SA-8 (with box) in their trunk again with enough lenght of cables to tap the sub on the amp inside my car.

Finally the customer will give his favorite cd, insert it in the heaunit in my car, play it. Then customer will sit inside his car CLOSE his eyes and listened to the sound.

In this manner they will have close glimpse on what its like in their car. rather than inviting them to sit in mine.

ITS GOING TO BE A Sundown SA-8 Challenge "Listened before you buy" :fing34:

Wow !!!

All this over Sub bass in a SQ vehicle and most SQ vehicles do not even use their sub woofers until 36 htz or below. The driver does need to get down into the very low 20htz range to pick up stand-up string basses, tympany drums, pipe organ notes, things like that ... Does the sub in question have a low enough FS to achieve these things ??

OK I will start on .8cu/ft net space. 3" X 17 long (tip to tip) aeroports that will play around 32hz. If I have a chance I'll shoot a video of the demo.

Lets work as a unit here guys. in this way we could be a better help to those who are in need..

PEACE, LOVE, BASS!

Thanks to all who share their opinions!

All electronics are installed in my car Heaunit & Amps. I will build some enclosures for the fronts and place them on the front footwell (like kickpanels) 1 for driver side, 1 for passenger side. with enough lenght of speaker wires to be tap on the amps inside my car. then I will place the SA-8 (with box) in their trunk again with enough lenght of cables to tap the sub on the amp inside my car.

Finally the customer will give his favorite cd, insert it in the heaunit in my car, play it. Then customer will sit inside his car CLOSE his eyes and listened to the sound.

In this manner they will have close glimpse on what its like in their car. rather than inviting them to sit in mine.

I think stated somewhere earlier in this post, alot of concentration to the front stage is needed if your going for "true SQ" ... rather than just good sub stage ...

just a suggestion bro ...

I think stated somewhere earlier in this post, alot of concentration to the front stage is needed if your going for "true SQ" ... rather than just good sub stage ...

just a suggestion bro ...

I don't think cydacoustics is looking for an competition quality sound, just a good clean, compact system that others can hear. "Try before you buy" , but he doesn't want people in his car.

I glad to see you didn't run away screaming as your thread went a little off topic. People are trying to make sure there isn't any misinformation, that's all.

I don't think the sub portion will be hard to implement, but the front speakers may not be so easy to aim correctly.

Good luck with this I hope it goes as well as you think it will.

I believe this has already been asked, but what is your motivation for all this, selling installs or products?

I glad to see you didn't run away screaming as your thread went a little off topic. People are trying to make sure there isn't any misinformation, that's all.

I don't think the sub portion will be hard to implement, but the front speakers may not be so easy to aim correctly.

Good luck with this I hope it goes as well as you think it will.

I believe this has already been asked, but what is your motivation for all this, selling installs or products?

Is to involved my community in car audio & hoping they will like it.

Hey M5,

What do you think of the install of the Benz for the "featured ride" on the Sundown page?

Ha, I thought you were asking me to put something in my Benz for the Sundown page. My AMG will not get that much stuff.

Nice craftsmanship, but terrible mess acoustically.

Fails even in the description...rear stage, lol. It could be improved so easily and it is such a shame as I love those cars. If I didn't have two cars seats, I'd probably have the 6.3L version of it but instead have a different chassis around my 6.3. :)

Do u have an issue with the term "Rear Stage"? Looks like it is part of the format on Sundowns website.