Sign in to follow this  
bcst86

buzzing sound after switching head unit

well i got my old alpine cda-9827 back and decided to use it in my tundra. took the factory unit out and saw there was a small external amp. after looking around i saw that i needed the Metra 70-8113 wiring harness to keep the factory amp in there. its got the rca cables for front and rear speakers. super easy to wire and install everything.

after i got everything wired up i turn the key, but dont start the truck, and it sounded great. way better than the factory unit. so i put everything back in the dash and the dash piece back in and screw it back on and listen for a bit more.

later on i need to go somewhere so i get in and start my truck and there is a buzzing sound that is constantly going. so i turn the truck off and it goes away. the buzzing only comes on when the truck is started. what would cause this and how do i stop it?

saw something about a ground loop isolator. so i will see if any of the local car audio shops have one and will try that

Check your grounds and make sure they are grounded well. That's what typically causes buzzing/whining.

the ground from the HU? i just have it connected to the factory harness. i guess it could be how the factory amp is grounded? i took my saz-1000d out since im not using it at the moment

the wiring harness rcas? this is what it looks like. front rca, rear rca, power, ground, power antenna, rem

met-70-8113.jpg

Edited by bcst86

tried a new ground location for my HU and it still buzzes. only thing i can think of is that the stock amp inside the dash may need a new ground but i cant find the ground wire on it.

sucks i may just have to deal with it?