Thekid5678

Hey I'm new and have some questions

got the ssd 15 and the sundown 1200d in yesterday. hooked it all up and put it in the prefab box for now just so i could have some beats.. and guess what, my damn head unit went to shit. So here I am again with more questions..

What is a good head unit at a reasonable price? it can be double din or single din, doesnt matter

I vote Kenwood X794. But I'm biased ;)

pros cons? reasons that you suggested this one?

Pros:

Excellent sound quality

Very clean and simple looking

eXcelon units have more settings

5 band EQ

iPod interface is pretty straightforward

Cons:

Nothing really, maybe the occasional bad glare

got the ssd 15 and the sundown 1200d in yesterday. hooked it all up and put it in the prefab box for now just so i could have some beats.. and guess what, my damn head unit went to shit. So here I am again with more questions..

What is a good head unit at a reasonable price? it can be double din or single din, doesnt matter

I vote Kenwood X794. But I'm biased ;)

pros cons? reasons that you suggested this one?

Pros:

Excellent sound quality

Very clean and simple looking

eXcelon units have more settings

5 band EQ

iPod interface is pretty straightforward

Cons:

Nothing really, maybe the occasional bad glare

looks good to me.. thanks ill go ahead and buy it

will post a video of my first demo and first hair trick as soon as my video editing software stops being jewish.

Still trying to get the videos up.

In the mean time i have a question. My car cannot handle continuous bass and draw from the amp.

Would getting just a Capacitor be ok? or do I need to put a second battery in?

Just a Fyi for new people reading this, I have a SSD 15 with a Sundown 1200d

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0weIurc1wI?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0weIurc1wI?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0weIurc1wI?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Do the big 3 if you havent? What do you mean cant handle the bass, how so? Do you have a volt meter in your car to see what your voltage is dropping to? I wouldnt get a capacitor, either a secondary battery or depending on your stock alternator size you may want a new one with more amperage.

Do the big 3 if you havent? What do you mean cant handle the bass, how so? Do you have a volt meter in your car to see what your voltage is dropping to? I wouldnt get a capacitor, either a secondary battery or depending on your stock alternator size you may want a new one with more amperage.

Is a 1200d too much for a stock alternator? and also, I have always wondered how you run a second battery

Is a 1200d too much for a stock alternator? and also, I have always wondered how you run a second battery

The video did not embed for some reason.. Will a forum Guru please embed it? Here is a link to the video

[Edit] Never mind there it is.. I must be too drunk.. ROFL!

Edited by Thekid5678

So I still need to build a new box, but I am happy for now. I got the amp pretty much perfectly tuned to my liking and changed the way the box was facing.. I did have it facing forward and liked it, But now I have it fired up, AND OH MY GOD! When I crank it up for demos, It literally makes your eyes fuzzy from the vibration lol.. Makes me really curious as to how a box properly tuned and built for the sub will sound!

She had the power glove on?