Here's what I have to work with:

dscn15327oj.jpg

dscn15345ga.jpg

dscn15367ee.jpg

dscn15375nl.jpg

dscn15353tk.jpg

^thats the lame part. amps are 9.45" tall, while the cushion template is only ~7.5"

What I'm thinking about doing. Please excuse my paint work :P

13pl.jpg

26xh.jpg

The front is gonna have plexi to show the middle of the amp, but not the outer edges/wiring inputs. Gonna put a blue cathode above each amp inside the amp enclosure, out of sight. Might cover with vinyl, but I'm not sure cuz I suck at wrapping corners. Any other suggestion that'll look nice are welcomed :)

Seem like a good idea? Any suggestions?

Also, I need strong, thin wood so the rack wont protrude so much. What kind would u suggest?

Hardboard. kinda like peg board but without the peg holes

At 1/4" thick, its pretty dang strong.

I noticed that that guy didnt put the trim panel back on the bottom of the window.

How are you planning on securing the rack?

Are your intentions to keep the amps below the window line or below the mark where your tape measure begins?

Are you opposed to using steel or welding?

Fiberglass?

Are you going to follow the contour of the rear panels with the slight curve or just do a box?

I have a ton of ideas, but I don't know what your options, capabilities, skills, time, or funds are.

Are your intentions to keep the amps below the window line or below the mark where your tape measure begins?

Are you opposed to using steel or welding?

Fiberglass?

Are you going to follow the contour of the rear panels with the slight curve or just do a box? 

I have a ton of ideas, but I don't know what your options, capabilities, skills, time, or funds are.

As far as I know, i will be the one doing the wood work since i have the tools.

To secure it i think a couple screws in the brace below the window will hold it.

Nothing that will cause a visible hole on the outside.

Steel isnt cheap to cut or weld.

Alright, you're pissing me off. Keep teasing me with pics of the A7s, but do I have any. Nope. Bastage! :finger:

what advantage would steel have over wood in this case ? Welding doesnt look that easy.....

As Dennis said, ideas are welcome

The steel would be able to take up less space while being more rigid than the wood. Welding would be mandatory though.

Personally, I would make a frame of steel welded to the sheetmetal, mount the amps with nonconductive fasteners then frame with the thin wood and vinyl. I just don't trust a few screws in that light guage sheetmetal. I want my stuff mounted secure, especially if it's at my back in the same space and has any chance of becoming dislodged and causing injury.

I would go with metalwork but I have no access to it :(

All I have access to is what's at the local hardware store and Elias' house. The rack can go up to the window line, or stay below. It all depends on what's feasible.