Sign in to follow this  
Tony Nelson

Dayton Audio RSS265-10HO

I have been running my IA Death Row 12 for about 4 months now. It is in a 2.1 cu ft box tuned to about 30 hz. I like how it sounds and like its output. I recently took a trip home (7 hrs) with my car loaded and thought what if I had to change a tire. I wouldn't be able to get my spare out without taking the box out. My backseat was also full of stuff and would have had to set the box out in the snow. I have been thinking about running two tens that work really well in small boxes. I have heard the Dayton subs and really like how they sound. Very clean and detailed bass. My only thing is that I do not want to lose much output by removing my Death Row for something else. I would try to do a ported box with the new tens, as I am now a ported box lover.

Would I lose any output by switching to the Dayton RSS265HO-4's? They would be seeing the same amount of power, about 800 watts. I know that two tens have more cone area then one 12. Just never ran tens before and never switched to smaller drivers before. Any info, help, or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony Nelson

Edited by Tony Nelson

I guess Im not seeing it, but how do you expect to run a pair of 10s ported (guessing 30hz for tuning) in a smaller box then you have now? Isnt your goal to save room?

I guess Im not seeing it, but how do you expect to run a pair of 10s ported (guessing 30hz for tuning) in a smaller box then you have now? Isnt your goal to save room?

I have read that people are running them in as small as boxes as 0.5 cu ft - 0.7 cu ft. So in the middle would be about 1.2 cu ft plus port and woofer displacement. The width of the box I could get away with being the same. I would also be able to make the box shallower then my current box is. I realize that the port would have to be longer in a smaller box, but one could get creative with a port. If I can't fit them in a small enough box, I could run them sealed or do a completely differant subwoofer in a sealed box. I went from sealed to my ported DR and really do not want to go back to a sealed enclosure.

I think the easiest way for people to help is going to be from getting more info from you: What dimensions do you have USABLE meaning in the area you want to use? Specs on the woofers? Internal or External port/s? Picky on tuning? What style music is played majority?

I think the easiest way for people to help is going to be from getting more info from you: What dimensions do you have USABLE meaning in the area you want to use? Specs on the woofers? Internal or External port/s? Picky on tuning? What style music is played majority?

Here are the specs to the woofers: My link Dimensions are a little flexible. I want to try to keep it no deeper then 10 inches. Height cannot be greater then 14 inches due to trunk restrictions. This will be in a 2008 dodge avenger. I would only use internal ports. I listen to rock/rap mainly.

Ok. Well I found some box dimensions that will work for me. The only thing I need feedback on is wether or not I will lose much output or any at all by switching to the two 10's?