Sign in to follow this  
heritage755

sub wiring help

I tried searching but couldnt find a definitive answer. If I wire three dual 4ohm subwoofers to my one ohm stable amp it will see a final ohm load of approximately 2.67ohms. Specs of my amp are as follows: 600@2 ohm and 1000@1 ohm. So at 2.67 the subs would see less than 600 watts right? I was hoping to get closer to the 1000 watts but Im not sure it will be possible. And to explain my situation a little, I got excited one night and order two 10" Black Fiday subs before I realized they were dual four ohms. Thanks for any help too.

you could wire the 3 subs in parellel and get a .6 ohm load!

to do this wire each sub as a 2ohm load then wire all 3 subs in parallel to make a 0.6ohm final load!

Yes, they would get less than 600w. We can use basic ohms law to approximate the power they would receive.

sqrt(600*2) = 34.64v

34.64^2/2.67 = ~450

So, at 2.67ohm you'd receive roughly 450w from the amplifier, or about 150w/sub.

But, I'm confused because of this:

If I wire three dual 4ohm subwoofers to my one ohm stable amp it will see a final ohm load of approximately 2.67ohms.

I got excited one night and order two 10" Black Fiday

If you only ordered two of the Fi X's, what three subs were you planning to use?

kill the amp.. yes and no

you have to keep the voltage up. and even then.. which amp are you talking about again?

and yes impious brings up a good point.

are these 3 of the same subs? you are not mixing and matching are you?

I would have ordered another Fi X but I think I will just stick with the two that I purchased and build a small sealed box. The amp is an audiopipe APSM 1300. I will just dial the gain back a little and take it easy. I was trying to upgrade from two memphis pr 12's that are about 5-6 years old that have been in my garage for awhile. Thanks for the quick responses.