rich00

X 10" box

So i have looked at the ported box design at the top of the page for an X 10". My question is how will this sub perform sealed in about .75ft^3? I know ill get more output out of the ported box and a little tighter bass from sealed. Is that 32hz tuning ideal for the X 10" I would assume since the fine folks at Fi posted that diagram and they know their speaker better than anyone. Once again im powering it off the back two channels of a JL J2 320.4 so around ~180 watts. Vehicle is a 1998 explorer so space isnt the issue at work here.

My X12's do wonderfully in an optimal sealed box at 1.25 cubes. In the same size box, but ported, and tuned to 26 hertz, they get down a bit lower. You can tune them to whatever frequency you like, 32 is just what most people tune a ported design to.

So wait you have them in a 1.25 ported box? I have the black fiday x's in a 1 cubed sealed box and wondered if I could port my box with a aero port instead of buying another box. If I have to Ill just buy another box even though I just bought this sealed one a couple weeks ago. The sealed I noticed is tighter and has a little more punch in the higher frequencies, but I want just a little more output to be happy with them. I also need to sound deaden my trunk because I ripped out the carpet during the install for future deadener to be installed. So after I get my box in order with the sound deadener Ill be happy with my install of theese. Then its saving for a couple ssd's.

I have four of the X series 10's in 0.5 cubes NET per sub. Sound great, play low and highly recommended.