TheGreatMonkey

Cant decide on comps

I'm looking at getting back in to car audio scene again. I haven't been up to date with it. So I have all my stuff picked out and i'm not sure what comps I wanna go with. They will be powered by a Sundown SAX125.2 or my Kicker ZX350.2. I currently have the Kicker. But id rather keep the amps to the same brand, as my sub amps will be the Sundown SAZ-1500D. For the price of the comps $400, but if they are worth it $500 MAX. They must be a 6.5in comp set.

im VERY happy with my Bravox carbon fiber comps. i have 6.5in. although they are out of them in the SSA store... i think they have one set of 5 1/4 left. adapters?

they really are great. there is a nice in depth review somewhere on here.

good liuck

edit- and they are also only 195.

Edited by swagger_wagon468

What have you had that you liked or listened to in the past?

Could you go active?

I've owned a set of Alpine Type R's. The 2003 model. Don't remember the model number. Then I had a set of Hertz HSK165.2 I think that was the model. This was back in 06.

As for active, i'm not really sure what that is. Or how to set it up.

If you liked the R's why not use them again?

Maybe look into Image Dynamics HERE

If you get the CXS you would have money left for sound deadening and some MLV and that would wake up the midbass in a good way on those.

I personally really like the ID comps. Good midbass and a smooth tweeter.

Or spend even less and USE the leftover on installing them right.

I like the in your face loudness of my Focal K2's but only if they aren't any where near MSRP :suicide-santa:

Hertz Mile is very nice sounding as well.

If your interested in type x comps ill have a set in the for sale section soon. They are bnib.

I am currently running polk audio mobile monitor 6 1/2 components on 125 rms per side. i love them. they get loud and sound really smooth. I know that is not a brand discussed much on this forum, but i have been really pleased with them and you would have money left over to spend on deadening and such as recommended above. This is the set that i have:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_23066_Polk_Audio_MM6501.aspx