Sign in to follow this  
Deto1992

Chaos vs Havoc

Ive been all over the forum trying to figure out which sub would work best for me and I still havent come to a conclusion. Most recently, Im thinkin about either a 12" Chaos or 12" Havoc. I have a 2.5 cubic ft box ported and Im planning on buying an audiopipe ap10001d or ap15001d depending on which sub I choose. I drive an infiniti sedan so the box will be in the trunk. I am currently running on Fi X 12 at 2ohms with 250 watts from a fosgate prime and it sounds good for a $250 setup but I want an increase in SPL without having to build a new box. Is the Havoc worth the extra money in my situation or will the Chaos being a satisfying upgrade from the Fi X? I know it can be considered an opinionated question but thats really all Im looking for. Thanks for the help.

Ive been all over the forum trying to figure out which sub would work best for me and I still havent come to a conclusion. Most recently, Im thinkin about either a 12" Chaos or 12" Havoc. I have a 2.5 cubic ft box ported and Im planning on buying an audiopipe ap10001d or ap15001d depending on which sub I choose. I drive an infiniti sedan so the box will be in the trunk. I am currently running on Fi X 12 at 2ohms with 250 watts from a fosgate prime and it sounds good for a $250 setup but I want an increase in SPL without having to build a new box. Is the Havoc worth the extra money in my situation or will the Chaos being a satisfying upgrade from the Fi X? I know it can be considered an opinionated question but thats really all Im looking for. Thanks for the help.

If you went with the Havoc and 15001d you would probably have to do some electrical upgrades to your whip is that something you want to do? The Chaos and the 10001d would for sure be a satisfying upgrade going from 250 watts to 1000 watts is a good jump in power and depending on what car you have it could be fine with out electrical upgrades.

yeah i wasnt planning on doing any electrical upgrades. If i was to decide on the Havoc it would be on faith that my current electrical system would not give me any trouble. I have a friend who is running two 15s at 750 a piece without dimming or any other electrical problems so I just assumed that my car wouldnt have any trouble with the 1250watts for the havoc.

yeah i wasnt planning on doing any electrical upgrades. If i was to decide on the Havoc it would be on faith that my current electrical system would not give me any trouble. I have a friend who is running two 15s at 750 a piece without dimming or any other electrical problems so I just assumed that my car wouldnt have any trouble with the 1250watts for the havoc.

Just because he was able to "run a 1500watt amp" with no electrical upgrades doesn't mean you can too... Every car has a different electrical system. And amps range from current draw.

Some amps are underrated, other overrated, some people read Max power as rms, etc.

I had a saz1500d on my stock alt and my voltage would easily drop to the 11s, so i turned the gain way down until voltage drop was minimal for the time being until I could upgrade my cars electrical.

It depends on your car. I am running a Sundown saz 1500 and an sax 50.4 bridged(2 x 160 w rms) on my stock alt and stock battery. I've just added a 0 ga wire on the batt for the ground, and a 00 ga wire to ground the engine block. No voltage drops, it stays at 13.6 v while driving with no pb. Without turning the radio on the voltage goes a little less faster to 13.6 v, but does not stay higher.

Get a voltmeter for your dash to watch your voltage.

Get the Havoc. You'll love it !!!

Sign in to follow this