Spanky33

New Sundown and I'm having some difficulties.

Ok so almost 6 months ago I loaned my car to a friend and when I got it back my subwoofer was not playing. I started a thread on here asking about how to fix it and what not and I never really came to a conclusive answer. I just got a Sundown SAZ-1000D and plugged it in and went to check the output voltage of the amp and even at high volume with the gain pretty high the highest I get is 3.x AC volts. I am getting power to the amp and it turns on without the protect light or anything I checked the DC voltage at the amp, its in order. Now the one place that does not seem to be right are the RCAs. No matter what I do I can't get them to register ANY voltage no matter how loud the music is. But at the same time I'm wondering if I'm measuring it wrong because if i play it through the sub I do get some noise just not very much at all. I also checked and they are plugged in to the back of the head unit and I plugged them into a little stereo system and it played but very quietly. Any ideas as to what I can do to solve this problem? I would love to get this figured out, I'm dying having this new amp and not being able to really use it. Thanks for the responses in advance.

Edit: Also my DMM is a cheap one from Radio Shack and I only have two range settings in AC voltage, a 200v and a 500v.

Edited by Spanky33

Well you just gave the answer..

Replace the RCA's ? :)

exactly.

Check the HU settings. Make sure the sub output is turned on/up and so forth. Your "buddy" probably messed something up in that regard.

So I replaced the RCAs and now I have a fully functioning amplifier and sub. Stoked out of my mind right now! Six months with no bass and now its back. Next up a 12" Fi BL.

Edit: Thanks guys. I'll Update in a few weeks when I put in the new sub.

Edited by Spanky33

good to hear.. if I had no beat, it means I might beat my woman...lol