What have you used, what did you like about them, what didn't you like about them, how much were they, where did you buy them, all that stuff.

Road I'm going to be using is going to have a ton of snow and is constantly foggy both morning and night (it's right near the river).

You know me, I'll sacrifice a bit of performance for price. I'm not going to shell out big bucks for something that's just going to get smashed by rocks anyway.

And I flat out don't give a fudge if "your buddy" has such and such of fog light and he thinks they are the best thing in the world but you think they suck and are for ricers. Don't even bother commenting. It's a different story when you're in the drivers seat and you're the one driving, not sitting in the passengers seat wacking off. Ryan or Aaron etc can comment either way, because at least they'll have the knowledge base behind their opinion to justify whatever they say.

^ You'll find that warning on all of my threads - I'm tired of sifting through piles and piles of chit. Keep it simple. Create thread, get answers.

We get pretty thick fog here basically every morning in winter ... I got some fog lights from Canadian Tire ... didn't help ... took them back ... got my $40 back ...

Not sure if that helps or not ...

Just dont get ones that have a yellow light, they are very annoying to other drivers.

Thats if you encounterr any

We get pretty thick fog here basically every morning in winter  ...  I got some fog lights from Canadian Tire ...  didn't help ...  took them back ...  got my $40 back ...

Not sure if that helps or not ...

It does ... because I was hoping you'd chime in because I know how thick the fog gets over there.

I was looking at a set from Canadian Tire - $40-$60 area. They didn't look too bad ... but I'd have to make sure that the light is white and not yellow.

Just dont get ones that have a yellow light, they are very annoying to other drivers.

Thats if you encounterr any

I definitely don't plan on getting a yellow bulb. I have used them before and didn't like them at all.

They're probably just going to get smashed by rocks anyway, which sucks ... so a cheap pair would likely be the best.

I have a 3 year old set of Diamond blue fog lights sitting in my garage. They were installed on the last truck, they dont look right on the new one.

Great little units, they act like a BMW headlight and have a flat cut off on the upper part. Not to mention that they are really bright bule and easily adjustable.

I paid $70+ new...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DIAMOND-BLU...itemZ7987518992

$70 USD = $82 CAD

Add the increased Canadian profit margin, and they'd probably sell for $89.99 ... + 14% tax ... = $102.59

:greddy2:

Of course, that's not a bad price off eBay ... but I think you'd still get dinged through customs :(

I have a 3 year old set of Diamond blue fog lights sitting in my garage.  They were installed on the last truck, they dont look right on the new one.

Great little units, they act like a BMW headlight and have a flat cut off on the upper part.  Not to mention that they are really bright bule and easily adjustable.

I paid $70+ new...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DIAMOND-BLU...itemZ7987518992

Damn ... 18 bucks. Very good price :P

Blast me for not having an ebay account.

FYI, I had these ones (they were $30 off at the time, regular price was $69.99) ...

http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/pro...fromSearch=true

I'm going to wait and see if a set goes on sale in the next week or so. I'll also have to check Walmart out. Seems like the regular pricing at Canadian Tire is around $50-$80 for the lights I'd be interested in.

Oh, James ... if you're looking at the CanTire automotive fog and driving lights page, I'd be looking at the Xtreme lights - 'driving light kit' or 'blue for light kit'.

I can send you mine Steve-o.

Baller mart has a a fair amount to choose from.

If they crack then send them back, baller mat accepts anything

Baller mart has a a fair amount to choose from.

If they crack then send them back, baller mat accepts anything

Bingo.

Going to check out a couple places right now.

Well, Walmart definitely did have a fairly good selection.

There were some super cheap ones there for $20 - they definitely looked like a pair of $20 fog lights.

The next price range up was $40. There were the same brand/bulbs but in two different styles, oval and round.

I forget the brand, started with an 'S' I think. Walmarts website is pucking terrible, or else I'd link you to them.

Sorry don't know squat about fog lights but you keep mentioning them getting smashed anyway so why not work up a Lexan sheild to protect them. A tiny piece of lexan should not cost much and should offer much protection. The only hard part will be finding a way to not make it look ghetto.

Well, Walmart definitely did have a fairly good selection.

There were some super cheap ones there for $20 - they definitely looked like a pair of $20 fog lights.

The next price range up was $40.  There were the same brand/bulbs but in two different styles, oval and round.

I forget the brand, started with an 'S' I think.  Walmarts website is pucking terrible, or else I'd link you to them.

Probably sylvanias. I don't regularly encounter fog so I can't help you there.

Probably sylvanias.

Negative - they defintely weren't ... they were some knock off. If there were, I would have picked them up for that price :P

Sorry don't know squat about fog lights but you keep mentioning them getting smashed anyway so why not work up a Lexan sheild to protect them. A tiny piece of lexan should not cost much and should offer much protection. The only hard part will be finding a way to not make it look ghetto.

It's easier for me to go out and spend $20 on a new pair or find a replacement than for me to try and fudge around with a lexan/plexi shield.

It's a great idea (if the light didn't get refracted or whatever the word is), though.

just get a set of offroad lights and put them on the roof, grab a couple 1,000,000 candle power spotlights and duct tape them to the bumper.

i've used some of the ghetto wal-mart ones int he past and i can't really tell they help me in the fog, but they help a little to light up more road

just get a set of offroad lights and put them on the roof, grab a couple 1,000,000 candle power spotlights and duct tape them to the bumper. 

8 x Hella Rallye 4000 100 watt = :fing34: . Trust me. Been there, done that.

I'm just going to go with it like I have been the past few years. Can't see your hand in front of your face, but hey, I'll drive. Builds character.

i come from the country areas of Iowa...and believe be, fog lights are just some bull to get you to buy more car stuff, the only thing they are good for is night time muddin, or looks. and if you choose to get some super high powered lights, which would be a minimal to small help in fog, all your gonna end up doing is making everyone around you mad...

all your gonna end up doing is making everyone around you mad...

Lesson # 1 in "Getting To Know Me"

I really, really don't care what everyone around me thinks.