Sign in to follow this  
slim142

Leviathan questions

I just want to know if I can run 6 mid drivers from it.

I want to cross at 63Hz and 2800hz

Each driver would be on a separate channel.

Tried contacting ZED Audio through pm never got an answer. Nobody answered me on the group sale either so I hope I get an answer this time.

Certainly you can. You would however need to externally bandpass the signal, as you can not bandpass all 6 channels at those frequencies with the on-board crossovers. Only channels 3&4 have the appropriate crossovers for your needs.

Certainly you can. You would however need to externally bandpass the signal, as you can not bandpass all 6 channels at those frequencies with the on-board crossovers. Only channels 3&4 have the appropriate crossovers for your needs.

By externally bandpass you mean, get a processor? Like a 3SIXTY.2 or something?

I mean the signal being input into the amplifier would need to already be bandpassed. Yes, most commonly accomplished either with the crossover capabilities of a headunit or an external processor. I don't know off hand if the 360.2 has the capability to bandpass or not.

I mean the signal being input into the amplifier would need to already be bandpassed. Yes, most commonly accomplished either with the crossover capabilities of a headunit or an external processor. I don't know off hand if the 360.2 has the capability to bandpass or not.

I guess I will go Sundown then. Too much money for a Leviathan and now I need extra stuff, I dont think that will work for me.

EDIT: Im checking the Sundown 100.4 and it looks like Channels 3 and 4 wont allow me to high pass at 2800hz like I want. Max is 500hz.

What should I do in my case?

I want 3 mids on each front door and 1 mid on each rear door. Total of 8 6.5 drivers and 2 tweeters on each front door.

Total of 12 channels needed.

Edited by slim142

You could run three 8 ohm drivers in parallel on one channel of the leviathan or kronos if you wanted to. No need for twelve different channels. That will get expensive real quick, whichever route you decide to take.

If your headunit has a highpass crossover that you can use, then you could use the highpass built into the headunit to highpass the signal. Then you would just need the amplifier to lowpass the signal.

And why do you want/need so many speakers?

If your headunit has a highpass crossover that you can use, then you could use the highpass built into the headunit to highpass the signal. Then you would just need the amplifier to lowpass the signal.

:ughdunno:

I'm assuming he wants to get crazy loud.

You could run three 8 ohm drivers in parallel on one channel of the leviathan or kronos if you wanted to. No need for twelve different channels. That will get expensive real quick, whichever route you decide to take.

Crap! I forgot about that!

Yeah getting 8 ohm drivers will help, but I dont think AA Carbons come in 8 ohm, only 4 I believe. Which puts me back in the same place.

Yes it does, but its only 12db slope. I believe Leviathans and Sundows have 24dbs slopes. Which would make speakers sound different from each other and I dont think I want that. And I rather have the amp do the whole work.

:ughdunno:

I'm assuming he wants to get crazy loud.

At first my goal was to achieve something like what the guy from the tahoe has. However, I realized it would come out too expensive and I didnt really need 4 mid drivers on each door.

Then in this forum I found out I wouldnt need 8" drivers for midbass. That the carbons were so good, they could be crossed all the way down to 50hz and still play good with plenty of power.

So money, value and performance changed my original plan from 4 mids, one 8" and 4 tweets on each front door to just 3 mids and 2 tweets on each door. And no more tweets on the rear doors since I want to keep it front stage, but midbass I think would be alright.

Nick has his carbons crossed at 50, but I think thats a bit too low, I plan on keeping mines at 63Hz and up to 2800hz. 63hz and below on the sub and 2800hz and higher on tweets. Only 1" and 6.5" drivers for mids and highs. 18" subs will come later.