Sign in to follow this  
annarbor84

Incriminator Audio 187 Review

The 187 is Incriminator's entry level sub. This particular sub is the 12" model, Dual 4 ohms. As with all Incriminator Audio subs, these sit a little lower. Actual readings were 3.6 ohms, the reason they do that is to help fight box rise.

This sub features a 2" aluminum voice coil, double stacked motor, and weighs in at 14.8lbs. This sub is rated "conservatively" at 300rms. I am currently feeding double that daily to mine, and it does not even get warm. This is hands down the beefiest entry level sub I have ever seen!

Nice to read but not really what you could call a review... What are you using to power it? Sealed or ported? Makes a difference in power handling... I was honestly close to getting a 15" before I ended up with my Icon... But I kinda wish I knew what I was getting into before I bought it, now I need to upgrade electrical and front stage to match the sub stage since it can be overpowering at times... Do you find this true to your experience with the 187?

I killed my 187 with 400ish watts, in a sealed enclosure.

Granted, it was slightly clipped and the box was a little leaky around the cutout.

FWIW, I enjoyed my 187, but it is no match for my DR, but it shouldn't be at the respective price points.

Kef

Here is the current box I have it in. 2 cubes, 36hz, it is on an old school DE! amp, should be seeing around 600rms. It's a good sub, output is well above rated, it is esthetically appealing and all around a great buy..... I have not noticed any cons thus far. I will get a vid up later with it in the furry box......

2cubes36hz3125sqin2hd.png

nice thats how we like it... more information and more POWER!! :morepower1:

Just me, but it is tuned too high, hope that Directed has a SSF on it...

Kef

Yeah it is just you, because it is not tuned to high. It's tuned 1hz higher than what Nick recommends. And it plays down to upper 20's no sweat. I like my builds to be loud to the ear, not windy........

It is also tuned high for a daily sub, IMO. Mine is tuned at 30, because I would rather not have a big peak in response, I kind of like being able to hear my mids without needing an assload of power per side.

As I said, that's just my .02. If it sounds good to you, then that is what matters.

Kef

It is also tuned high for a daily sub, IMO. Mine is tuned at 30, because I would rather not have a big peak in response, I kind of like being able to hear my mids without needing an assload of power per side.

As I said, that's just my .02. If it sounds good to you, then that is what matters.

Kef

This thread is not about your opinion, and I am not asking for it. Please stop posting in my thread, kay thanks!

lol... Annar, as funny as your last reply was to Kef we all need to learn to ignore what we don't like... I have had a few situations on this forum which I just had to "leave alone" because it did nothing for either person... Again, it was funny... :)

SANY0868.jpg

Still have to paint the port black...... Took a whole baby zebra to wrap this box

I gotta say bro this is VERY unique! Where did this idea come from? Is this from the Hairtrick Zebras?

lol... awesome!!!

SANY0868.jpg

Still have to paint the port black...... Took a whole baby zebra to wrap this box

I gotta say bro this is VERY unique! Where did this idea come from? Is this from the Hairtrick Zebras?

Got a little tired of carpet, was going to Rhino line it, but I did no want to spend that much on it. I think it is deff unique now :fing34:

you've had that subwoofer/box for 3yrs now??? shiiiiiiiiiiiit :suicide-santa: ......lolz

you've had that subwoofer/box for 3yrs now??? shiiiiiiiiiiiit :suicide-santa: ......lolz

Yeah every time I take the batt out of the cam to charge, it resets back to 2008. Must have been a good year or something..... :ughdunno:

lmfao!!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Edit: I removed it for my own sanity. Good luck with your woofer.

Edited by w00tah