Sign in to follow this  
Curtis96olds

box too big for 4 sa-12's?

im trying to design a box for 4 sa-12's and i want to make sure its not too big. its 8.5 cubes after all displacements with 108 sq inches of port area. ill be powering the subs with an AQ2200D so each sub will see roughly 550 watts, which is why i made the box slightly bigger then normal, i just wanted to know if you guys think this sounds ok. ohh and it will be tuned to 32hz

Let me first say I am not a "Pro" at box design, but if it were up to me I would like to see more port area. Curious on what some others would have to say...

Port area looks okay. Me personally I'd go bigger but theres no reason yours wont work. Looks like a fun, what kind of car/truck/suv is this going in?

At a bare minimum i would suggest 126.22 in^2.. But what you have should work well.

this is gonna be a wall in a 02 dodge dakota extended cab, i might go with more port area, i was just worried the box was gonna be too big, because i was looking at some other people's builds that did 4 sa-12's and there box was only like 6.5 cubes or something like that