gcs8

Camry alt

We will probably be doing a dual kit for the new Camry and run 2 180's... We wil also do an XP for it but it's still 2 months away at least.. Rob

We will probably be doing a dual kit for the new Camry and run 2 180's... We wil also do an XP for it but it's still 2 months away at least.. Rob

good deal, is that for the 2010 4 cyl (2.5L) or 6 cyl (3.5L)? i have been waiting for ever for an alt.

Can you send me a quote for a 06 altima 2.5? And what options could it have, Thanks.

The only thing we build for the 2.5L Altima right now is the XP series... The good part, it's the best there is hands down and it will pwn any other alternator you could buy, at any cost. The downside for some, XP's aren't cheap... It really boils down to what you want in the end. Your going to pay more for an XP up front, but then you have an alternator for life. If you change cars, pull the XP out, send it back and we can swap it from your Nissan to a Honda Civic, or a Toyota Tacoma, or a Tahoe, or an F-150. NO other manufacturer can do that, if you change vehicles your going to have to buy an alternator. Performance wise though (as anyone on this board will verify who has one) XP alternators are the very best you can get, and well worth the extra $100-$150 above our competitions price, with literally 4x better performance.. Let us know if we can help or if you have any other questions.. Rob

My XP case has broke twice in under a year, So I feel there's alittle room for improvement. Back to the drawing board boy's.

My XP case has broke twice in under a year, So I feel there's alittle room for improvement. Back to the drawing board boy's.

We did go back to the drawing board, about 2 months ago.. You'll be getting a new alternator, along with everyone who has that particular case.. But to address the issue at hand, we had a problem, we took action to correct it, and a bunch of people are going to get new alts.. Trust me, if we have a problem with something, we dont just sit on it and ignore it hoping it goes away, we fix it.. In this case to the tune of about $10k..

I'll post up a pic of it later when I find it for you...

Good to hear you redesigned the case. I look forward to seeing the picture's.

You could also better your products and kits by taking feedback from customer's and relaying that info to your R&D department.

Rob send me a quote. I need to know where about I will be paying if this is top of the line. Oh please let me know what output there is. Thanks for any more info there is that you can tell me thanks. Raul

You could also better your products and kits by taking feedback from customer's and relaying that info to your R&D department.

Since I'm chief of that dept, I make the changes as either they are requested or we find a need to make them in house.. I'm always open to suggestions though, I love prototyping and R&D'ing new things/products... As soon as we get our CNC machines in, we will be free to make whatever changes our customers want/need as well as making any kind of product we want to offer, or our customers need...

Since I'm chief of that dept, I make the changes as either they are requested or we find a need to make them in house.. I'm always open to suggestions though, I love prototyping and R&D'ing new things/products... As soon as we get our CNC machines in, we will be free to make whatever changes our customers want/need as well as making any kind of product we want to offer, or our customers need...

I sent my recommendations for corrections on my car's kit with my alternator last time I sent it in. I sent a detailed letter explaining the wrong bolt lenght and pitch on one of the bolts, and also the wrong belt. I sent the package to the correct belt and a the package to the die I had to buy to fix the threads on my engine block, plus specified correct bolt lenght.

Needless to say you guy's sent me another wrong belt, so I don't think much was gained. We will see if you send me a third one this time.

Furthermore, I returned my alternator in the original box the first time, which was easily 2 inches bigger than the alt. I get it back in a box thats SO undersized its bulging, with the mounting ear punched through the box. Needless to say the ear was mashed over and had to be filed. Poor packaging could also be leading to stressed case's.

I will surely recommend a third mounting ear on the back of the case in my car's kit if the case breaks agian after your new case design.

Thanks for your time.

Jared

rob, is there any chance of getting a pre order on my Camry (2.5L 4 cyl) alt so when it come out it will just ship to me? maybe 5$ off? (broke collage student hear.) need some computer / server / network help?

Rob get at me for the price + shipped for the alt for my 06 Altima 2.5. I seen on the DC website they are on sale for like 549? I'd like for you to confirm. Shoot me a message or whatever, I be on the lookout for the price.

@gcs8 are you running the 2AZ-FE or the 2AR-FE. The 2.5L is the 2AR-FE. We are faced with the problem being the belt. It's a 4 groove if i remember correctly. Just need to confirm what engine it is.

where would i find that on the car? i will check in the AM.

Ahh, you got my dads car, the 2AR-FE. We can still do a 320 or a 180 if you'd like to. The belt is a little smaller than I'd like to see but it's possible with the belt wrap it has.

i couldn't swing a 270 xp?

how would the 320 do me at idle and what would be the cost?

thanks again for your time.

We will have to look more into how the serpentine system is in this car. The motor would be able to swing it, however this is a new accessory drive system by Toyota: "...I have also notice a newly designed accessory drive system. This system utilizes a single, short belt from te crank pulley for power. In turn, it drives the engine accessories, ie alternator, A/C compressor, and possibly the water pump. Having no long serpentine belt, you eliminate possible belt slipping from belt stretch (more pronounced the longer the belt) and you alleviate friction from multiple pullies. Gone away is the need for a power steering pump as this vehicle comes equipped with a Electric Power Steering Assist." http://www.club-tc.com/forums/engine-performance/4566-new-toys-6-speed-manual-trans-2-5l-2ar-fe.html so we arent sure how well the tensioner would handle that much load. The 320 will still do around 70-80 or so at idle.. but you would have really really good top end.