Sign in to follow this  
synyster

h/o alternator

if i get a h/o alt do i have to change anything else on the car for it to handle the extra amps???

if i get a h/o alt do i have to change anything else on the car for it to handle the extra amps???

Nope, unless you switch to a 16v setup.

So you can do ~15v and under on stock electrical, may need a bypass harness so the car's computer doesn't regulate the alt's power output, but most h/o alt companies will give you everything you need to get it up and running.

Nope, unless you switch to a 16v setup.

So you can do ~15v and under on stock electrical, may need a bypass harness so the car's computer doesn't regulate the alt's power output, but most h/o alt companies will give you everything you need to get it up and running.

awsome i hooked up my amp at 4 ohms and it was dimming the lights i was like MF so if i run it at 2ohms i have to get a bigger alt and maybe a battery or 2

Have you done the big 3?

What is your stock alt rated for?

How is your amp grounded?

i have not done the big three yet. but my stock alt is 120amp and my grounds are all to bare metal and tight.

Have you done the big 3?

What is your stock alt rated for?

How is your amp grounded?

i have not done the big three yet. but my stock alt is 120amp and my grounds are all to bare metal and tight.

Do the big 3 and double check that ground for resistance.

Dont spend money you dont have to. Try the simple things first.

Check your voltage drop at full tilt.

Depending on your voltage drop, you may just need a battery in the back.

Check your voltage drop at full tilt.

Depending on your voltage drop, you may just need a battery in the back.

so if i got a battery or 2 and did the big three theres a chance i dont need a bigger alt??? wouldnt that stress the alt putting 3 batts on it?:/

so whats the difference in stock and h/o are they just made to handle more heat and bigger loads? i sent dc power a message and they wana sell me an alt that puts out 120amps at idle?????