Sign in to follow this  
QuinnyGT

Wall Advice

Hey dudes,

A per title, I am building a wall in my Car (E10 Corolla) With 2 Mayhem 18's, And between 5-10Kw of power. I'm not chasing numbers, I want streetbass but I am wanting to get reasonable numbers on a Mic, Was thinking about 14cuft after displacements tuned to 32Hertz, how does that sound?? I want to keep in mind that I will prob upgrade from Mayhems to SMD's at some stage next year maybe

Any advice welcome :)

Cheers

quinny

IMO ~6 cubes per sub works best. Keep in mind you are not going to be able to run 10kw to the Mayhem's.

and what tuning do you reckon?? ell the Mayhems will take around 3.5K each (amp will be clamped to measure output so gain will be set correctly) And when i do upgrade, a healthy 5Kw going to each SMD :) Well thats the plan in Theory

The SMD's wont even need 5,000 watts either. The tuning will depend on personal preference, musical taste and goals/application.

But the RMS of the SMD's is 3.5KW ya?? Surely they will take another 1.5KW?

My goal is loud on music but reasonable on a mic, was thinking port up top, but then was thinking port on Drivers side so it would be musical but good on doing numbers too :peepwall:

As Nick said (not that he needs someone to agree with him), 6-6.5 per sub will work great. If you have the extra room, use it for port area. 100-120 sqin per sub works great.

I tune all my mayhem setups to 33-35 and they are awesome.

Brian

thats after displacemants ya?? Thansk a million for the advice lads :):dancing:

Hi Quinny!

6.5 cubes tuned to 30-32Hz for me. Once you get the car striped out fwd me some dimensions and we'll work on the port size etc :)

Hi am :D Goos to see I know one person on this forum :) As you can see I'm on the quest for knowledge

My goal is loud on music but reasonable on a mic, was thinking port up top, but then was thinking port on Drivers side so it would be musical but good on doing numbers too :peepwall:

Why do people always try to put more power than what the sub is rated? :trippy:

Why do people always try to put more power than what the sub is rated? :trippy:

I don't see why there is a problem with it, Once you dont take the mickey by feeding it with power, they should perform just fine, plenty of installs in the UK giving some subs twice there RMS power rating and they are going strong after hours and hours of booming

Just remember..

The more power you run, the less margin for error.

Bad things happen VERY fast.

Sign in to follow this