Sign in to follow this  
Slumpin

want to push my 12's to the limit

my nine.1 just isnt doing it for me anymore. i want to put 1kw on each of my rl-p's daily. they'll handle it right, in the sealed box i have?

im not sure what type of amp to get though. new or used i dont care. want to spent 350-600 but 6 is pushing it. basically if you buy an amp that does 2kw rms, you're only going to get like 1800w daily for music with peaks and chit right? so that you aren't peaking into clipping?

its going to be next to a diamond d5 600.2, so it would be nice to have it look clean too :lol2:

any suggestions? these are d4 woofers so i need something 1 ohm stable.

Edited by Slumpin

had considered it, but that will only be able to put 8-900 watts rms on each 12 for daily music right? i think i need a grossly underrated 2kw amp or something rated at more like 2500 so i can turn it up 2/3 or 3/4 of the way and still slam them.

Orion 2500D is a good option.

They can do those low ohm loads too

actually i ALMOST ordered a refurb 2500d from ikesound. those things are beasts, but they arent easy on electrical systems, and i just think i can find something sexier and with cleaner power for about the same price. (as a new one, not a refurb)

actually i ALMOST ordered a refurb 2500d from ikesound. those things are beasts, but they arent easy on electrical systems, and i just think i can find something sexier and with cleaner power for about the same price. (as a new one, not a refurb)

actually isnt HCAAfan sellin some 2500's?

btw usamps rates thier amps at the musical level, not at a certain freq

so a 2kw us amp could put 1kw daily to my 12's?

anyone want to chime in with any tips or anything on running these with so much power daily?

I run my single RL-p with 1 kw daily with my SS Rubicon 1002 series 1 (soon with hammer), i think the sub loving it, just watch the gain, the sub is quite sensitive with the gain knob, a slight increase and it get so much louder and eventually overpower your front stage.

found out that the MD2 is rated 2kw @ 13.8v (i just found out today)... so youll be gettin a little more power if yor runnin a 14.4v electrical system

I ran one RL-p 12, both in sealed and vented boxes, on a PG Tantrum which showed ~1500 watts RMS on the birthsheet. With the gains set correctly and the right size box, it handled it with no problems.

I ran one RL-p 12, both in sealed and vented boxes, on a PG Tantrum which showed ~1500 watts RMS on the birthsheet.  With the gains set correctly and the right size box, it handled it with no problems.

the RLP handled 1500w?? o_O

> anyone want to chime in with ... anything on running these with so much power daily?

Yea.. you're nuts!  :lol2:

nuts because fools ears are going to be bleeding, or because im going to blow my woofers?

I ran one RL-p 12, both in sealed and vented boxes, on a PG Tantrum which showed ~1500 watts RMS on the birthsheet.
Edited by ClinesSelect

A serious subwoofer for serious people! Maybe that should be my new slogan? :domoslay:

> nuts because fools ears are going to be bleeding, or because im going to blow my woofers?

Maybe a little bit of both ;)

Just be careful though, and you should only have to worry about your ears :bigok:

well i got a crossfire vr2000d, thats been modded to handle high voltage and be .5 ohm stable. a mean, mean amp. should do around 2800x1 @ 1 ohm. im going to start out setting the gain with a dmm for 1600 watts, and turn it up just a hair every couple of days until i find the limit. then back it off a bit. im guessing they'll handle ~1200 and im probably going to run 900-1000 to each.

now i do bump my system a lot, and sometimes stuff like three six and lil jon. is prolonged playing at ~1000 watts going to hurt them?

i know i'll find out in a week or so, but what kind of an increase in output can i expect to see from going from ~600 each they're getting now to ~900 each? 2 db maybe? i think it hits around 138-140ish now.

Edited by Slumpin

I dunno but i don't think the sub like the beating too much, but seriously with a sub as capable as this (SQ wise) i appreciate more on the smoothness and accuratenes factor, it can go loud for sure but IMO SPL is not the main purpose for this subs.

i'm not competing with it, i just want more output. my nine.1 doesnt do it for me, and i figure i'd might as well buy a monster amp so i never have to say "man, i wish i'd have gotten that amp" again. i really dont think 900 rms daily is really pushing it. aren't they rated to 700?

aren't sealed boxes better for power handling than ported?

i'm not competing with it, i just want more output. my nine.1 doesnt do it for me, and i figure i'd might as well buy a monster amp so i never have to say "man, i wish i'd have gotten that amp" again. i really dont think 900 rms daily is really pushing it. aren't they rated to 700?

Most of the time that is true, but on a similar note if you just wanted more output you could have just used a ported enclosure instead of the sealed one. It would make a bigger difference SPL wise by far than going from 600 to 900 watts.

Bigger is always better :D, u can always add more sub when u wish without scarificing the power if u have monster amp. RL-p is rated at 500rms i believe but it'll sure take more than that. Yes, sealed will have better power handling at the expense of lower output/efficiency compare to ported. Someone here suggested to me that RL-p will shine on ported box, maybe u should give it a go if u looking for more output.

dont know how much it cost but maybe a IA 20.1? i have the us amps md2 and love it to death....puts out quite abit more power than rated and has a effiency of like between 80-85% so its easy on the electrical.

i thought about it hard, but the 20.1 is just too expensive. 720 shipped.

i am planning on building a ported box, but its quite a challenge with my car, haven't gotten around to it yet. probably going to deaden the car first, even with the sealed box a bunch of the bolts in my suspension rattled loose and i had to spend like 5 hours taking them all out, putting on thread locker and torquing them back down. dont really want to knock anything else loose.

not really, if you have tuned stupidly high or have no subsonic filter they that can cause problems but porting generaly handles power better