Sign in to follow this  
cougarballa2k5

Underpowering My RL-ps

Well, I've been thinking that my RL-p 15s are underpowered.

I have them down at 1 ohm on a Planet Audio 2250d that has been tested to do ~1600 rms.

I have heard of people throwing 1000 - 1200 per Rl-p.

I most definatley have the room to go mechanically, I just wonder if I dump 2k+ at the pair....will I run into some seriously limiting thermal problems?

Box is 5.5 NET....is it just a box issue as to why my excursion isn't a ton? It gets loud...but I think there is even more bottled inside these puckers.

I have them down at 1 ohm on a Planet Audio 2250d that has been tested to do ~1600 rms.

I most definatley have the room to go mechanically, I just wonder if I dump 2k+ at the pair....will I run into some seriously limiting thermal problems?

Box is 5.5 NET....is it just a box issue as to why my excursion isn't a ton?  It gets loud...but I think there is even more bottled inside these puckers.

my nine.1 gets my 12's rolling. these speakers do really well with little power. if you already have a 1600 watt amp, i wouldnt go out and get another amp just to put another 100 watts or so on each one, unless you've just got some cash that needs spent. (hate when that happens)

Box is 5.5 NET....is it just a box issue as to why my excursion isn't a ton?  It gets loud...but I think there is even more bottled inside these puckers.

subs dont move a lot in ported enclosures. :ugh2:

just now noticed the vr2000d in your sig. i've got a modded one on the way for my rl-ps :D

umm just to let you know, people that are throwing 1kw + to the rlps are using small sealed boxes. I have a funny feeling that they wont like the 1kw in a large ported box.

umm just to let you know, people that are throwing 1kw + to the rlps are using small sealed boxes.  I have a funny feeling that they wont like the 1kw in a large ported box.

thats not true i had my re 35.1d on my rlp is 2.2cubes@32hz

my RL-p 12 held the Orion 2500D @4 ohms fine, I am contemplating pushing it to 1ohm for a test, but it was thunderous at 1200+ watts