Sign in to follow this  
fnzpntz

Front stage.

I ahve a ford explorer 96, which im going to put 1, 15" mag d2 in for now and then another one later after the rest of the install stuff is done, has any one ever stopped using the filler rear speakers? Im planning on puting two sets of comps in the front and a 4" comp set in the panels where the roll bar is, so the back is useless? would this sound ok?

has any one ever stopped using the filler rear speakers?

LOL.....anyone interested in sound quality has stopped using rear fill ;)

Im planning on puting two sets of comps in the front and a 4" comp set in the panels where the roll bar is, so the back is useless? would this sound ok?

??

I'm a little confused here.....but if you're saying what I think you're saying, that's way too many speakers. Just do one set of components in front and you are done.

Agreed, I havn't had rear fill for over a year now, and I have no intentions of getting any. One set of properly setup and power comps is all you need. My comps can get louder than I'll ever need them to be. Don't waste your money on that many speakers, just get one really good set.

Spend the money you'd save by only using one set on the install instead it will definetely pay off.

I can't even recall the last time I had rear drivers in a system short of the subs.

You mean people actually put speakers in the back, I thought those were passive crossover locations..... :blink::D