Do you guys think the icons sound better in sealed or ported box? Being that the sq, and power are neutral.

All things being equal, they should sound the same. Clarity & accuracy should be very very close. Efficiency is what changes. I love the Icon in a large sealed enclosure and it does not need gobs of power. Yes it did lose a tiny tiny bit of efficiency when we went from the first gen (ratted at 900) to the assumptive second gen (ratted at 1000), but it plays wonderfully with well less then the ratted power. The majority of people port the Icon for greater output with out loss of sound quality. The Icon uses an over hung coil, with it's design it does not have a rail flat of a BL response curve that some of the purists demand is the best, but the Icon has a much livelier sound with a very full warm bottom end (especially with the copper coil), so it is a little more naturally pleasing to most people's ears. :)

Side note, the poll is missing. ;)

On top of that better is rather subjective so don't expect to garner any information from the responses...I would also suspect that the great >95% of the people who have used them have only tried one alignment meaning you'll get responses of what they did without comparing.

Pretty simple choice though. If you want more output, port and if you want everything to integrate easier (ie more forgiving in the install) and extra output isn't your need then go sealed. :)

When I had my Icon it was in a ported box and was more than satisfactory to my listening needs. Check ///M5's last sentence and go from there.