Sign in to follow this  
eggyhustles

how are the new alpine pdx amps?

Anyone have experience with the new f6 and m6 amps from alpine? My mom just got a new accord coupe and the stock system absolutely blows. I want to put something small in since the majority of the time, i'm the one driving her around.

My friend gets an accommodation discount for 85% from polk audio, so for subs i'm leaning toward 2 8" shallow mounts http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/mm/index.php?s=mm840

They only need .35 so box size should be very small(i'm hoping to get them put in a false floor)

She does a lot of shopping so she needs as much trunk space as possible for groceries and other stuff. The pdx amps fit perfectly under the seats, but the price is kinda turning me away. Anyone use them? Are there any better small footprint amps that can do the job?

Alpine quality so I would say pretty good imo. Only thing is they have a fixed SSF not adjustable. Nice small foot print though.

fixed ssf? didn't know that...good info

I have a jl hd 600/4 from an old setup, so i can probably recycle that for the subs. It does 300 x 2 bridged @ 3-8

I know the first gen pdx had noise issues, was that fixed this time around?

forgot to ask

Any experience with polk comps? I'm looking at 135 + shipping for 2 polk 8's and the sr6500 comps http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/sr/index.php?s=sr6500

Edited by eggyhustles

Arc, MMATS, Rockford and Massive make some very nice small foot print amplifiers.

As far as the noise issue on the PDX i'm not sure. Friend of mine carries the Alpine line and he's never mentioned any problems with noise.

There was a huge thread on diyma a while back about noise issues with the first generation pdx amps. I'll look into mmats and arc. Rockford has small amps? i know the prime's are sort of small, but they def won't fit. The massive's wont either since they're too tall.

There was a huge thread on diyma a while back about noise issues with the first generation pdx amps. I'll look into mmats and arc. Rockford has small amps? i know the prime's are sort of small, but they def won't fit. The massive's wont either since they're too tall.

The new RF Punch series are small and are smaller than the prime amplifiers.

Picked up the new jl 5 channel. Fit under the seat perfectly. Does 200 x 2 bridged + 300 x 1 on the sub channel. Only pulls 60 amps, too.

Mods can lock this up.