sgreer5

Extra Spider for 12 Q?

I am planning on ordering a 12" Q sometime soon. I have the design for a 6th order parallel bandpass enclosure. Tuning is 2.5 cu ft @ 32Hz and 0.590 cu ft @ 74Hz. My Q will have the cooling option so it will have somewhere around 12-1500 rms. I will be powering this by my SAZ-1500d @ 1 ohm. This is going into my 2000 Celica. My question is do you guys think I need the extra spider? The price is not my concern (just $5 difference). But I heard this option takes away from SQ, but I also heard that if you go over rated power on the Q, you need to add an extra spider. IF i do get the extra spider, how big of a difference in the change of SQ? Any input helps

Why not just buy a BL?

Why not just buy a BL?

Well I thought that the Q was supposed to be the SQ Fi woofer? Iv read alot of the Q vs BL threads and some say there is a big difference is SQ between the Q and the BL and some say there is not..

You still didn't say why you want a q and not a BL. :turkey:

I'd be very careful putting that much power to a sub in a 6th order bandpass. It will mask the sounds of a failing driver and by the time you know its failing it will be to late.

I don't quite understand the infatuation with people and bandpass boxes the past two weeks..

Why do you plan on using one?