Sign in to follow this  
TrakDay

FI X Enclosure?

Will the 10" FI X be ok in about .80ft^3, or is that too large for sealed? I bought a prefabbed subthump box for another sub and have decided I would rather use the FI X. This is going under the rear seat of my CC Sierra. I don't mind cutting an end off the box and closing the box up a little bit if necessary! Or would I be better off opening up the sub hole and putting an FI X 12" instead?

I only have 6.5" of mount depth before the magnet touches the bottom of the box.

Thoughts or opinions on this?

Well .8 isnt optimal but shouldnt cause too much issue. With a larger sealed enclosure the rms wattage of a sub typically goes down. I would put it in there and see how it sounds. Just watch your gains and you should be fine. Probably wont be as tight of bass as a smaller sealed enclosure but thats why i would try it out.

The box is actually .95ft^3... just realized that... and I definitely want an FI X, so I will just cut the one end off and shorten the box by about 10" to get it down to .68 ft^3. I have plenty of MDF left from my non daily ported box build to use on this one!

Edited by TrakDay

Just make sure you get it sealed up really good if you do that.

Just make sure you get it sealed up really good if you do that.

Shouldn't be a problem, I have the proper glue, screws, and most importantly... ability to get it done properly. I just got lazy and didn't want to build the box for under my seat.

PS: I ordered my FI X a few days ago! Can't wait to get it here!

Sign in to follow this