Sign in to follow this  
Tony Nelson

Xcon 12 new box. Port Area differances?

Tomarrow I will build a new box for my new Xcon 12. I have two designs to pick from, one will be 2 cubes at 30hz and other will be 2.4 cubes at 30hz depending how much room I want to give up. (or anywhere in between I suppose)

When I first got the Xcon, I put it in the box my Death Row was in. About 2.1 cubes at 31 hz, with 25^2 inches of port. There was definately some chuffing going on. My new box I want more port area. Max height of port will be 12.5 inches (14inch max height for box). Will either do 2.5 or 2.75 inch wide, for 31.25^2 in or 34.38^2in. Will either of these help with the port chuff I experienced with my old box? I know the bigger the better usually, and I can certainly fit the larger port. I will round over inner port entrance and also the exit. Can't do any kerfs though.

Just looking for some final input before the dust flies tomarrow morning :dancing::drink40:

Bigger to a point. Lance makes a great post above. If you can get 33^2" and up, you should be good to go. The 2.4 cubes at 30ish hz would be sweet.