kstros4

hifonics brz1700.1d

so i am finally getting ready to buy an amp for the subs i am going to get. i am going to get 2 fi audio ssd 12 when they r available in a bandpass box. i wanted to make sure before i bought this amplifier that it is going to do the job and bump these subs. i can get that sub for 250 bucks so i think it is a great deal, and reviews say it is really good so let me know what you guys think about it.

It can power them. Plastic pieces make it seem flimsy but internals usually look good.

HiFonics Brutus have a solid reputation, makes very close to rated power and perform well.

You should be happy with the 1700. Good deals on ebay with amp wiring kits included.

It can power them. Plastic pieces make it seem flimsy but internals usually look good.

Yes the plastic peices are very flimsy, both ends of mine broke off so I had no way of mounting it, so i just super glued them back on. Haha

I have a bxi1608d which is basically the older model brutus and it does the job just fine. At the moment, I have it powering two eclipse 88120s and it sounds great.

I have the hifonics brz1700.1d for about 7 months now and i've ZERO problems with it. Its great would recommend to anyone. i have the fiday x 12s now and they slam and im gonna get the ssds too this summer.

Edited by marq7890

What type of bandpass are you looking at doing? A 4th order bandpass would be the best/safest option as it increases the sub woofers power handling slightly over 6th order bandpasses.