Hey all, I have done some research and could only find one head unit that would run .FLAC files or any lossless audio codec. And this head unit was super expensive and hard to find. Does anyone know a good way around this like a media player that can play them and will hook up to the head unit? Would auxillary cables degrade the quality aspect of FLAC making it pointless to try playing them on a MP3 player of some sort? Thanks guys.

COWON BABY ... the only player I will ever buy for myself.... :)

Which one do you have? I can't belive I have never heard of these. This is crazy. Thanks a bunch!

I've had an M5, D2, D2+, U5 and a 6.... I only use the D2 right now since I've given the others to family members and now ex-girlfriends... lol

I'm looking to pick up a D3 soon though... I really only like ones that have a memory card reader as well.... love anything with Android on it...

product_page_1_01.jpg

I like the idea of the X7, with it being a traditional hard drive and larger screen. The little reading I have done on the D3 says the software is still buggy and freezes up a lot. :/ Do you know much about the X 7? And If I was to get one of these I would plug it in via auxillary cable correct? No audio quality will be lost then?

Well it will sound amazing.... I wouldn't go near HDD anymore.... if it is a portable device then HDD is more likely to get damaged....

NP man.... Good luck with whatever you end up picking.... if you find something else, post up about it...

So you want to play lossless in your car? Have you done any sound deadening?

Law of diminishing returns, absolutely ZERO benefit of lossless in car

explain your reasoning, Yes I plan on doing a full deadening from SDS. I emailed don all my specs he just has to send me a quote of what to buy.

Do a true blind listening test and you will understand. Make it even easier on yourself and do it on headphones and then realize the noise floor in your car is craptastic in comparison and will really affect the results.

this is true... playing FLAC in the car will not give you a big return in sound quality..As far as other environments, if you don't notice a difference then you need better equipment. I'd still get a cowon for playing even 320 files.. Interface, build, and variety makes them a win....

Also, OP, is your library in FLAC and you don't want the hassle of converting just for the car I could understand... although I can probably convert my library in about 2-3hours times.... Either way... Go Cowon or go home... Just look into the model that works for you and gets the reviews that make you comfortable...