Sign in to follow this  
hondakilla98

Ported sub box with low port area

I have an old sub box that came with an RE SX15 I bought used. It is 3.1 cu ft net before driver displacement. It has 2-3" aero ports in it. 9" long. I used it before with the sx15 wired at 2 ohms on my saz-1500d. I never heard any port noise, but it didn't sound great. I later built a 4.25 net cu ft box for the RE tuned to 30 hz. It sounds great. Well I think I have a buyer for the RE and was wondering if an SA15 would work in the old box. It's about the right volume and tuning would be right about 35hz(recommended) but it's seriously low on port volume. I was also thinking I could put a third port in it for burps and bump tuning from 35-45hz. Not to mention increasing port area by 50%. Let me know what you think. This box would probably go in an suv. It's sub up, port back.

I have an old sub box that came with an RE SX15 I bought used. It is 3.1 cu ft net before driver displacement. It has 2-3" aero ports in it. 9" long. I used it before with the sx15 wired at 2 ohms on my saz-1500d. I never heard any port noise, but it didn't sound great. I later built a 4.25 net cu ft box for the RE tuned to 30 hz. It sounds great. Well I think I have a buyer for the RE and was wondering if an SA15 would work in the old box. It's about the right volume and tuning would be right about 35hz(recommended) but it's seriously low on port volume. I was also thinking I could put a third port in it for burps and bump tuning from 35-45hz. Not to mention increasing port area by 50%. Let me know what you think. This box would probably go in an suv. It's sub up, port back.

could do external ports