SaturnBeat

looking for a single sub set up

Hey guys months ago i blew my three tens that i had not really sure how, but i've decided to go with possibly a one 12 set up i'm looking for a sub to match my massive audio db 3000 amp i would like to run it at 2 ohms which its says would be 950 watts and what i want out of the simple is to hit low clear notes my head unit is pioneer Deh-6300ub i have kenwood mids and some tweeters that i'm not sure of the brand the brands of subs that i've been looking at was going to get a used w7 and amp combo but felt it was to much so the other brands i was looking at were soundsplinter, re audio, tc sounds, and memphis mojo so if you guys could help me with any suggestions and your opinons about good subs that will hit low notes well i would greatly appreciate it and i also would need suggestions for boxes as well it will be going into a saturn l200 thanks

ssa icon and fi q are the first two that come to mind.

if u can go ported either will work fine. if u go sealed, try the FI Q with the high QTS option. both will handle the 950 watts no problem.

i take it u cant build a box?

The Fi Bl is known as a low end monster so if youre looking for a prominant low end you can place your confidence in a Bl. Additionally, 950 watts rms will work wonders with a Bl. GoodLuck

ssa icon and fi q are the first two that come to mind.

if u can go ported either will work fine. if u go sealed, try the FI Q with the high QTS option. both will handle the 950 watts no problem.

i take it u cant build a box?

I cant but a friend of mine and myself are going to build one so it will be my first time building one he's built a few so he's going to help me and thanks for the input i greatly appreciate it

The Fi Bl is known as a low end monster so if youre looking for a prominant low end you can place your confidence in a Bl. Additionally, 950 watts rms will work wonders with a Bl. GoodLuck

do you know of any good sites of which i could order possibly order one? thanks for the help

just click on the speaker link... and look around... From personal experience, I own the SSA Icon 12" and love it... I had it sealed for about 3-4 months and just recently put it into a ported enclosure... The output on the same amplifier has become more defined and seems forceful with rock music which I listen to once in a while... But it sounds like it is waking up a bit, soon I will upgrade the electrical and then really power up this subwoofer...

just click on the speaker link... and look around... From personal experience, I own the SSA Icon 12" and love it... I had it sealed for about 3-4 months and just recently put it into a ported enclosure... The output on the same amplifier has become more defined and seems forceful with rock music which I listen to once in a while... But it sounds like it is waking up a bit, soon I will upgrade the electrical and then really power up this subwoofer...

Thanks i'll look around and check things out and how do you feel about the low notes that go through your Icon and do you have any opinions about the SoundSplinter Rl-p...the help and input is greatly appreciated it...i'm off to work i'll check back with ya later

I have read a few things about SoundSplinter but have yet to hear one... So far my Icon is handling the lows well.. I've played a few 15-20-30-40 hertz tones and my car hates it but my ears and subwoofer love it!!!

I have read a few things about SoundSplinter but have yet to hear one... So far my Icon is handling the lows well.. I've played a few 15-20-30-40 hertz tones and my car hates it but my ears and subwoofer love it!!!

ok i'll keep those in mind as well thanks for the input i'll check the subs out and see what i'll go with

sundown sa 12

I've used both the ssa icon and fi bl. I liked both drivers equally.

Both drivers sounded good, but the icons seemed to have better sq.

But it's hard to compare drivers when there is so many other variables at play.

I don't want to compare output because I can't. I had a pair of 12" icons and the BL was a 18". So I had different enclosures, slightly different tuning, different port and subwoofer orientation/placement, and different amounts of cone area ;)

If I was to buy some again, I'd buy the one I could get a better deal on :P

Just can't go wrong either way.

indeed the BL is in no way a SQ sub.

sundown sa 12

do you feel that they hit low notes smoothly in the right box?

everyone will say yes to that, on every driver there talking about...

sundown sa 12

very much an install dependent attribute... I could have a subwoofer capable of go as low at 20Hz but I can set up the enclosure, amp, or HU to modify whether it will receive a signal that low... So that question is kind of useless... I'd say you're better off asking people's opinions in general on any of the subwoofers you are interested in. Many of the members have experience with a wide variety of setups and drivers and amplifiers... If you want, you can search the subwoofer/speaker forum and just look around... These subwoofers that are being mentioned have been the topic of dozens of threads... If there is something specific you don't see in them that you want to know, then you can ask that... Just sayin... :peepwall:

sundown sa 12

very much an install dependent attribute... I could have a subwoofer capable of go as low at 20Hz but I can set up the enclosure, amp, or HU to modify whether it will receive a signal that low... So that question is kind of useless... I'd say you're better off asking people's opinions in general on any of the subwoofers you are interested in. Many of the members have experience with a wide variety of setups and drivers and amplifiers... If you want, you can search the subwoofer/speaker forum and just look around... These subwoofers that are being mentioned have been the topic of dozens of threads... If there is something specific you don't see in them that you want to know, then you can ask that... Just sayin... :peepwall:

ok i'll def take a look into that thanks for the input guys i appreciate it i'm gonna look around at the different sub set ups people are discussing

and thanks for the help

:WELCOME: