Sign in to follow this  
mybluem3

What size subs should i use?

Alright guys im new here and don't know if this is the right place for this but i have an old box for 2 15's. Its 10 cu.ft tuned to like 33 hz. Im wanting to get some new Btl N2's. But im not sure if i want to stick to 15's or cut the holes out bigger to hold 2 18's. What do you think i should do? Never had 18's. So Im trying to squeeze the most spl's out of it as i can. Also i will be using my Memphis Mojo 4kw amp.

I highly doubt you'll be able to use the same box for 15" BTLs let alone for 18" subs.. Your baffle would probably crackle and pop under the pressure... :peepwall:

I also hope you running 16v, other wise your not getting near 4k out that amp.

Like Shogen said, the box will most likely crackle and start falling apart from those woofers, build a new box with 1" mdf, double layered baffle, and internal bracing.

Yea!! i should do that and build another box. From what i've been reading also its true what reelfish92 said I would have to make the baffle at-least 1 inch with these subs. I never had 18's before and wanted to upgrade. So what do you guys think of them being in a 10 cu.ft box. Thats the most space i have available. Its still within specs but on the smaller end or am i better off sticking with 15's? To get the most spl's.

Honestly speaking, I'd stick to 15s because of your box limitations... Doesn't seem worth it in my opinion to go 18 and not be able to give it what it asks for... Low side of the scale will not give you the most of spl...

Sign in to follow this