Sign in to follow this  
touchdowntodd

help me choose sub(s), box, and even an amp - new setup

ok ... so i am sellin the lil shity equipement in my 63, or putting it in my daily, and i wanna actually build somethin decent..

heres the space i have to work with:

width - 24"

hieght - 10" (assuming sub not mounted on top)

depth - 16" - can push to 18" or possibly 19-20" if needed .. im more open to the sub showing in the back now..

budget (ofcourse id like to spend less if possible, on a budget here like we all are)

lets say $200-250 for sub (s)

$200 for amp give or take (hoping to run 700-1k rms).. thought about aq, sundown, etc...

box - $$?? hoping to find someone on here to build it for me

head unit - already have a decent pioneer nothing crazy, but fits in my tissue box to hide it and ipod hooks up directly so im good that way, its about a 2 year old model

front stage - 6.25s in kick panels, unsure on brand ill upgrade to yet.. i have an old school MTX thunder 275x ill run once i get to that stage.. for now, just off the head unit (might add speaker to dash board, there is a stock cut out taht fits a 5.25 i think, or 2 - 3" speakers but i want it all hidden as much as possible

rear stage (none as of now, not too concerned about it)

open to used equipement also as far as amp and even maybe reconed subs

ive thought of everything from 2 - SA8s, 1 Fi SSD 10 or 12 (12 would be possible because in the part of the box that actually faces the back of the trunk i could really go say 14" high the box just would have to dip down after that.. or im open to about anything else.. but for the rap i dont mind the bass outweighing the front stage its how i grew up LOL..

any ideas? recomendations?

plan for electronics:

- big 3

- 150amp alt (this is a 63 impala, not much draw factory LOL, 45 amp generator did that stock)

- 0/1 to the trunk

i basically want sound, lots of bass... SPL doesnt mattter, this is a lowrider and a cruising car, not gonna be doin anything but showing it and cruising it.. bass will be for when i listen to old school rap, funk, etc.. ill turn it off for the oldies probably.. but i want to be heard when im listening to rap.. i miss the old days in high school and this is my weekend cruiser, so it will help me enjoy it to get some bass in there

also, whats the best way to face the sub in this car? cant fire through the rear deck because i want it all hidden unless the trunk is open, and i also have sanco blinds on the back window which take up space

thanks guys.. hopefully you can help me think of somethin good for what im tryin to do

Check out the SSA store for a package deal on the SSA Sub Woofers and Sundown Amplifiers. Great little packages and the SSA Tech Section will have sample boxes that may fit your space.