SaturnBeat

simple question about an amp

hey guys i'm planning on going for a sound quality system and my amp is a db3000 mono block amp and i saw that it has 4 speakers terminals. I've read around and it says that the amp is internally brigded but i'm still confused the 12 i was looking to go with soundsplinter 12 rl-p and i was looking to wire it to a 2ohm load giving it 950 watts but the terminals are still confusing so if someone could explain getting a 4ohm load, 2ohm load i would greatly appreciate

the 2 sets of terminals just make it easier to wire multiple subs easier.

For one sub just use 1 + and 1 -.

The extra set of terminals on the amp are there for convenience, as you stated they are internally bridged, meaning both sets of positive connect behind all the plastic casing, and both sets of negative connect as well.

Use the wiring config from 12volt for diagrams on wiring: http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

the 2 sets of terminals just make it easier to wire multiple subs easier.

For one sub just use 1 + and 1 -.

quick question on the amp it has 1ohm writing which points to the outer terminals one being pos and the other being negative to make sure this is correct that's what gives me my 1 ohm load correct ?

this is how it looks on my hamp ++ on one side and then - - on the other side i just want to make sure i fully get it right so i don't blow my sub (thanks for the help)

you have to wire your sub down to a 1ohm load first. then hook the sub to the amp!

what configuration is your sub? D2 (duel 2ohm sub)

you have to wire your sub down to a 1ohm load first. then hook the sub to the amp!

what configuration is your sub? D2 (duel 2ohm sub)

its gonna be dual 4 ohm but i figured run the sub at 2ohms and if i added another 12 then i would wire them to one ohm that's what i read to do from what i've seen on the internet

Wire your single sub like this and send 1 + and 1- to the amp.

1_4ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

Then when you get your second sub do the same thing using the other + and - on the amp and the amp will take it to 1ohm internally.

:fing34:

Wire your single sub like this and send 1 + and 1- to the amp.

1_4ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

Then when you get your second sub do the same thing using the other + and - on the amp and the amp will take it to 1ohm internally.

:fing34:

great thanks very much for the help i hope to order the sub in the next couple weeks might do a different 12 but that's what i need :dancing: