Sign in to follow this  
Supa_c

DEh-P940mp- Active front/Passive rear

Well...

I reciently bought a Pioneer DEH-P940MP.

I was planning to run the front speakers acvive and the rears passive.

However, I didnt see in the manual that you can do this.

I NEED rear fill, burbs are huge inside, components up front arent going to be able to be heard way in the back. I do carry passengers.

I had 2 ideas on how to accomplish this.

Run a LOC off the H/U's rear speaker outputs to the amp for the back speakers. Thats if the signal is not seperate (trebel/midrange). I dont know if the internal amp even works in this mode. It cant be shut off so its definetly on.

Or...

Get 4 Y splitters. Use the output RCA's on the amp and " blend" the treble and mid range signal. Then run a set of RCA's to the rear speaker amp.

It would help if i had the unit at my house. Its still in New York though

I wouldn't want to split my fronts either and think the LOC would probably be the best. How much juice are you going to throw at the rears?

The under rated amp says 50W x4.

It cant take a high imput voltage either. 940 puts out 6.5V

Is the fill just for your passengers? I only ask because I am running mine off the HU to the stock coax's. I have it faded 100% forward unless someone is riding with me, even then I detached the tweeter on the coax's as the highs coming from the back bother me. Your truck is obviously a different beast than my car though. With an underated 50x4 you are going to move those rears pretty good, but if it is just for passengers get a line converter plug in and away you go. The other option would be do sort of do what I did and just run the mids back there, as long as your tweets are crossed over reasonably just adding mid-fill in the rear will still shock a lot of your passengers and probably give you the presence you need as well. That would be pretty easy to try.

What drivers are you running up front and where abouts do you cross them?

Is the fill just for your passengers?  I only ask because I am running mine off the HU to the stock coax's.  I have it faded 100% forward unless someone is riding with me, even then I detached the tweeter on the coax's as the highs coming from the back bother me.  Your truck is obviously a different beast than my car though.  With an underated 50x4 you are going to move those rears pretty good, but if it is just for passengers get a line converter plug in and away you go.  The other option would be do sort of do what I did and just run the mids back there, as long as your tweets are crossed over reasonably just adding mid-fill in the rear will still shock a lot of your passengers and probably give you the presence you need as well.  That would be pretty easy to try.

What drivers are you running up front and where abouts do you cross them?

It will sound like crap though. It will be T/A'd for the front not the middle.

If i can run the rear coax's off the H/U then i will. Saves me from installing another amp.

Dont have any speakers yet. Not shure if i can go active or not.