Wackzirth88

Alpine cda 105 or kenwood kdc-x494

Ive been searching around for a new headunit for while now. I've narrowed it down to either an alpine cda 105 or kenwood kdc-x494. I've had alpine before and never had any issues. Never owned a kenwood hu before and the only complaints I'm seeing are that they are complicated. And only difference I'm seeing between the two is preout voltage and where the usb is. Which one would you guys recommend and why? Open to other suggestions, except pioneer(bad experiences) and I'd like to keep it around $150.

Kenwoods aren't very complicated compared to Alpine IMO.

I have a old model X789. And its very easy to operate. But this might not be the case with the new models.

I like Kenwood, even though mine has a slight flaw, I'll probably end up buying another one.

Best thing to do is go to a store who carries both and has them on display and play around with both. Then you can decide which one is for you.

I got a CDA-105 for 165 shipped in Like new condition with the remote carrying case and etc...

The kenwood is discontinued so i haven't seen it on display anywhere. The alpine is set up just like my old one so. I can get either kenwood or the alpine offline in the area of 150 bucks. Will the preout voltage make a difference?

The kenwood is discontinued so i haven't seen it on display anywhere. The alpine is set up just like my old one so. I can get either kenwood or the alpine offline in the area of 150 bucks. Will the preout voltage make a difference?

Not really just in the gain setting....

Honesty that kenwood kdc-x494 is looking good. It's almost just like mine except it looks newer, because it is. Both stereos are good though, but IMO i say Kenwood just because i haven't had any problems with it at all and because i own one. Alpine is good too though! :fing34:

Just did a quick search, click on THIS to see that kenwood unit you were talking about that you couldn't find

Edited by DarkTinman

Ive found that kenwood online in multiple places. I was saying that I haven't seen it on display, like in a store.

Ive found that kenwood online in multiple places. I was saying that I haven't seen it on display, like in a store.

Oh okay. Sorry that's my bad