Sign in to follow this  
crazyj23

Which sub sa8 or dcon 10

What sub would hit harder, the sa8 in a 1cu ported box or the dcon 10 in a 1.25cu ported box. This will be run on about 300rms in the trunk of a car

I've never heard an SA-8, but I will say that I love my Dcon. Gets loud and low and sounds extremely good. I don't think you could go wrong either way.

I have 2 sa8s in 1.2 cubes and they sound amazing. Id definitely recommend them.

Dcon, cone area advantage.

Dcon for sure. Even if you were comparing a sa10 I'd still take it. Dcons are good. I may reccommend a aq sdc 10, a dc lvl3 and a fi SSD also in that price range.

Dcon 10" would be the better option of the two.

The SA-8 would have more motor over the DCON but the DCON is an amazing sounding sub woofer. I have both and the SA-8 has more output with the pair to the ear.

The DCON 10" in a 1.33ft^3 enclosure tuned to 33hz sounds amazing in my truck and in the wife's Bonneville. The output is impressive but the sq is where it shines imo.

Thanks dcon it is

You won't regret it. I can't wait to get my second Dcon this summer.

i have not heard either myself, but my Fi Bl 10" sounded GREAT in a 1 cuft box!! its actually for sale if interested

Yay, another Dcon user. :D

They are finally getting noticed. :)

Don't know why it took so long either.

We don't don't have the fan boys. ;)

Sundown's upcoming sa8 v.2 will be amazing for output. I would wait till June for the preorder and go with the sa8 v.2, maybe two :)

The SA-8 would have more motor over the DCON but the DCON is an amazing sounding sub woofer. I have both and the SA-8 has more output with the pair to the ear.

The DCON 10" in a 1.33ft^3 enclosure tuned to 33hz sounds amazing in my truck and in the wife's Bonneville. The output is impressive but the sq is where it shines imo.

In his proposed enclosure and power the Dcon would have more output over pretty much the entire bandwidth than the SA-8.

I'm a fanboy. :gayhaaay1: Got my Dcon reinstalled today and I now have steering wheel flex. :dancing:

I'm a fanboy. :gayhaaay1: Got my Dcon reinstalled today and I now have steering wheel flex. :dancing:

:drink40:

Anybody know how long these usually take to build and ship? I get excited everytime I get on here and cant wait!! Its been 6 days including weekends. Says a week build time on the site.....

Edited by crazyj23

Anybody know how long these usually take to build and ship? I get excited everytime I get on here and cant wait!! Its been 6 days including weekends. Says a week build time on the site.....

They posted up on Facebook that there has been a delay in getting the coils, but they are working to get them ASAP. I think my Dcon took just over a week to build.

Edit: It'll be well worth the wait. :drink40:

Edited by Dan208