Sign in to follow this  

What are you trying to do exactly?

Trying to play dvd's while driving...

ahh. Not sure how the sensor works, perhaps it has voltage when the parking brake is on or vice versa.

OP I'm not sure what the sensor wiring looks like or how it connects to the pioneer, so I'm just going off a guess, but you might be able to to hook up a dmm and see when it has power.

Then depending on if the circuit is complete (power) with the parking brake on / off you could tell if you could just leave it disconnected or route the wire (pioneer parking sensor wire or what ever) from the headunit to the headunit +12v to trick it.

Just a guess here though, I've never messed with double dins and parking sensors :P

ahh. Not sure how the sensor works, perhaps it has voltage when the parking brake is on or vice versa.

OP I'm not sure what the sensor wiring looks like or how it connects to the pioneer, so I'm just going off a guess, but you might be able to to hook up a dmm and see when it has power.

Then depending on if the circuit is complete (power) with the parking brake on / off you could tell if you could just leave it disconnected or route the wire (pioneer parking sensor wire or what ever) from the headunit to the headunit +12v to trick it.

Just a guess here though, I've never messed with double dins and parking sensors :P

Thanx for the response and everything I have read and watched has used a Relay

Thanx for the response and everything I have read and watched has used a Relay

Then why not use a relay?

Found this on another site:

the pioneer's bypass can be accomplished by connecting a regular relay: pins 85 & 30 -> ground, 86 -> remote turnon, 87 -> green parking brake wire

Sounds easy enough, go down to radioshack and get a relay lol

or you can use a single pole double throw (spdt) toggle switch from radioshack if you want to switch it.

Don't think you can do it without a relay, but here is a easy video to follow to do it with a relay.

Don't think you can do it without a relay, but here is a easy video to follow to do it with a relay.

good find... :fing34: