well i have all my measurements on my mdf and i have chualk glue screws and and the stuff i need.. but i have a skill saw or whatevers,is there anything that u prefer that i should use beside a skill saw cuz i dont know if theres certian saws that will make it look better or anything like that.. what do yall think? :(

well i have all my measurements on my mdf and i have chualk glue screws and and the stuff i need.. but i have a skill saw or whatevers,is there anything that u prefer that i should use beside a skill saw cuz i dont know if theres certian saws that will make it look better or anything like that.. what do yall think? :(

Most of the time if you buy wood (MDF) from home depot or lowes they will cut it for you. After 5 or 6 cuts they will carge you like 25 cents a cut.

Figure out the mesurements you want then subtract the size of the wood. Then have them cut it for you. Makes it simple that way. Last option would be invest in a table saw.

Most of the time if you buy wood (MDF) from home depot or lowes they will cut it for you. After 5 or 6 cuts they will carge you like 25 cents a cut.

Figure out the mesurements you want then subtract the size of the wood. Then have them cut it for you. Makes it simple that way. Last option would be invest in a table saw.

well homedepot (thats where i bought it)they said they wouldnt cut it they would only cut it in half they dont do exact measurements.. if i took it to lowes would they cut it or do u have to purchase the wood there for them to cut it

A good tablesaw is a must for any good woodworker. The Skillsaw(I'm assuming you mean circular saw) will get you by as long as you get yourself a straightedge and some clamps for a guaranteed straight cut.

My myself will rip everything first with the circular saw (only because I don't feel like fixing my table saw), then finish everything with the trusty router.

A good tablesaw is a must for any good woodworker.  The Skillsaw(I'm assuming you mean circular saw) will get you by as long as you get yourself a straightedge and some clamps for a guaranteed straight cut. 

My myself will rip everything first with the circular saw (only because I don't feel like fixing my table saw), then finish everything with the trusty router.

what do clamps look like like the kind ur talkin bout?

Get C clamps, not the crappy ones that are spring loaded.

Sometimes if you get a jerk they wont cut it, all depends on the employee

Yes, you can go to places that have "cheap" tools and get really good sets of C-clamps on the cheap. For a straight edge, I use a piece of 3/8" flat stock steel 50" in length, 2" wide. Gives you a good surface to clamp onto, and is thick enough that you don't have to worry too much about it bending easily or warping. Measure accordingly for your blade curf (blade thickness), and the distance away from your saw's base and place the straightedge there, clamp into place and you're ready to cut.

wow that helps so much thank u very much guys

That's what we're here for. :fing34:

frosty, just dont look at his face and you will be fine.

He is a member here

He is a tad :greddy2:

He is a member here

He is a tad

He is a member here

He is a tad

He is a member here

He is a tad  :greddy2:

he helped me and all but hes kinda seems like he knows to much and im to stupid..

Many people originated from ca.com and the majority of the nOObs ther have an attitude that they know it all and when you try to help them, they don't appreciate it or just don't follow and want to argue. Whole different ballgame over here.

Yep.

He is was treating you like your average n00b on ca.com

Damn, this is like the hottest topic on the board right now. What gives?

WE have a girl on the forum? Oh boy, the hawks are going to circle.

Expect to have all your questions answered in a more than timely fashion.

uhmm, ya

youve been answering all of her questions ;)