Sign in to follow this  
BigB2202

High Output alternators

what are some good high output alternators for a 2010 nissan altima. I dont want to do any electrical damage with an aq2200d and two bl 12's so i finally decided to buy a ho alternator around 300amps

I'd check the DC Power site for an alt, if it isn't listed for your car, fill out a support ticket.

My dc power alt has been great, but on the down side their customer service is lacking (very busy company, hard to get a hold of). But to me their product is worth the wait.

stay away from DB Electric alt's. there garbage.

on power bastards.com i finally found an alternator for my car, 110amps at idle and 220 total amps. will that be good?

on power bastards.com i finally found an alternator for my car, 110amps at idle and 220 total amps. will that be good?

I'm guessing your amp is going to pull around 100-150amps depending on usage. At idle you'll be below the amps requirements and you'll still be trying to run all the other electricals in the car, so you'd have some voltage drop, an extra battery could probably make up for the difference.

Also I would find out if the amp actually does 220amps max and if so, at what rpm?

what are some good high output alternators for a 2010 nissan altima. I dont want to do any electrical damage with an aq2200d and two bl 12's so i finally decided to buy a ho alternator around 300amps

You definitely do not need 300 amps for a aq2200d

I'd check the DC Power site for an alt, if it isn't listed for your car, fill out a support ticket.

My dc power alt has been great, but on the down side their customer service is lacking (very busy company, hard to get a hold of). But to me their product is worth the wait.

I have been waiting four months now...........